The first few nights we stayed in Waikiki but as soon as we arrive at Hale 'Nalo we wished we had stayed the entire time here. The rooms are really great. The yard of the house was beautiful. I stayed in the garden room which was a great size for our trip. The little kitchen helped cut down on food costs, although once I tried the local restaurants I only wanted to eat there. That said, the local joints can and do shut down a bit early (at least for me it seemed early). Follow Herlinda's advice on where to eat and you won't be sorry.
The beach access is fantastic. Boogie boarding is good but even better waves are North just a few minutes near the life guard hut at Waimanalo Bay Beach Park.
So this isn't a fancy pants hotel, it's someone's house, but the rooms really feel clean and the whole experience was super nice. I'm not much of a B&B guy but this place had none of that vibe. You have privacy if you want it, or a super nice host who's willing to chat if that's your thing. I wouldn't have traded staying here for anything else on Oahu. I'm getting tingly just remembering it. Our host really made us feel welcome. Given the location, being slightly adventurous and staying here rather than a hotel will reward you with many wonderful memories and experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hale Nalo is a gorgeous beachside property offering three modern self-catering vacation rental studios: two 400sf Garden Suites, and the luxurious 900sf ZEN Treehouse. Built in 2008, this is perfect for adults seeking quiet retreat sand to enjoy our island home. The Garden Suites are both fully-independent studios with 14-foot high vaulted ceilings, each with their own kitchenette and over-sized private bathroom. Our Garden Suites are both corner units, situated literally in a tropical garden, shaded by the canopy of old growth guava and ulu trees. For those wanting more privacy, space and luxury, we recommend the ZEN Treehouse: a sublime second-level studio apartment with large east-west facing decks. All guests enjoy free off-street parking and high-speed internet (wifi). ISLANDS Magazine called Waimanalo Beach THE #1 Best Summer Beach in the WORLD and FORBES Magazine rated Waimanalo #5 in its 2013 List of Top 10 Beaches in the U.S. Come! We'd love to have you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale `Nalo Beach Rentals Hotel Waimanalo
- Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals Waimanalo, Hawaii - Oahu