The first few nights we stayed in Waikiki but as soon as we arrive at Hale 'Nalo we wished we had stayed the entire time here. The rooms are really great. The yard of the house was beautiful. I stayed in the garden room which was a great size for our trip. The little kitchen helped cut down on food costs, although once I tried the local restaurants I only wanted to eat there. That said, the local joints can and do shut down a bit early (at least for me it seemed early). Follow Herlinda's advice on where to eat and you won't be sorry.
The beach access is fantastic. Boogie boarding is good but even better waves are North just a few minutes near the life guard hut at Waimanalo Bay Beach Park.
So this isn't a fancy pants hotel, it's someone's house, but the rooms really feel clean and the whole experience was super nice. I'm not much of a B&B guy but this place had none of that vibe. You have privacy if you want it, or a super nice host who's willing to chat if that's your thing. I wouldn't have traded staying here for anything else on Oahu. I'm getting tingly just remembering it. Our host really made us feel welcome. Given the location, being slightly adventurous and staying here rather than a hotel will reward you with many wonderful memories and experiences.
- Also Known As:
- Hale `Nalo Beach Rentals Hotel Waimanalo
- Hale `Nalo Beach Rentals Hotel
- Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals Waimanalo, Hawaii - Oahu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hale Nalo is a beachside residence boasting two roomy Tropical Garden Suites (perfect for discriminating island travelers) and the ZEN Treehouse (pictured)... a sublime upper loft, ideal for those who require even more space and privacy. High vaulted ceilings throughout. Free off-street parking and wifi. As mentioned in ISLANDS Magazine: Waimanalo Beach is the #1 Best Summer Beach in the WORLD (June 2010), and Hale 'Nalo is the place to stay. ... more less