“Quiet, laid back.and right on the beach.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Makaha Surfside Condominium

Makaha Surfside Condominium
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waianae
Makaha Surfside Condominium
You added Makaha Surfside Condominium to your Saves list
85-175 Farrington Highway #B-310, Waianae, Oahu, HI 96792   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Quiet, laid back.and right on the beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

We come to Makaha Surfside 3 or 4 times a year, and
always have a great time.The grounds are clean and nicely landscaped, and the pools well maintained.
The views and sunsets are just beautiful. There is also great snorkeling right on our doorsteps. It's true, this is not a luxury hotel and those expecting to be pampered please stay in Waikiki. This is for the more adventurous types who are comfortable vacationing amoung real Hawaiian's rather than tourists.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Greenback TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2004

This is the off the tourist path place that we wanted. We took the family and enjoied the pools and the beach very much . This is not a new facility but has all we required to have an excellent time at an affordable rate . The room was small but had all we needed and was clean. We spent lots of time away from the room driving around the island and had no trouble what so ever with security . My husband smokes and accidently went outside to a non-smoking area and the resident whos window he was closest to was a little peeved, but a few words and beers fixed it up. At the local stores I was a little taken aback the local were not very open and friendly but that was not really a prob just had to get used to it.(had a New York attitude)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2004

This place is great! It's exactly what i was looking for. Our lovely state of Hawaii is often ruined by the tourism interest in our paradise, however, Makaha Surfside keeps the tourist and the local in mind. The complex is very safe. My fiance (new to the islands) nor I did not feel unsafe at all. Although we found the guards to be a little rude, we understand that it is to protect all residents of the complex. The apartment was in A building on the 4th floor. The apartment was very clean, with a gecko visitor once in a while. Geckos are for good luck and do no harm at all...they look like cute lil lizards. The beach is very clean and never had more than 5 people at one time. My particular owner furnished our apartment with everything we would need including salt and pepper LOL. It was an absolutely wonderful experience! I will be definitely coming back to Makaha Surfside in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2004

I stayed at the Makaha Surfside for several monthsin the early nineties, and I look back on my timethere, with great fondness, frequently wishing that I had never left. I used to live on the third floor of the "C" building. I would leave the sliding doors to my balcony open at night, and be lulled to sleepby the sound of the surf. Being out at the end of the island, I was away from the noise, hustle,high prices, and pollution of Honolulu. If all of the aboveappeals to you, than it wouldn't matter if you were in Honolulu, Mexico City, or Munich, except for thedifferent languages, the experience would be thesame, a view of a noisey city, and people chargingexhorbatant prices for everything you desired. I found the office staff to be friendly, knowlegable, and efficent. The other residentsto be a joy to be around, and the entire experienceto bring nothing but happy memories.

Westchester,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2003

This place was gross. It smelled, the people are not friendly, and bugs were all over the condo. I felt unsafe walking alone at night on the grounds. The residents (esp. the older children) basically overran the place. The grounds themselves were very nice and well kept, however once you actually stayed there longer than a day it reminded me of the projects. Foul language, loudness by large groups of people at night, and constantly being stared at by the residents made me uneasy. Ended up leaving and staying at the Makaha Valley Towers- MUCH BETTER!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2003

My husband and I stayed at the Surfside for our Honeymoon in 2001. At first we were not pleased at all with the room, but after a couple of days we loved it. We loved the fact that it was away from the crowds and we could do our on thing. I loved seeing how people in Oahu really live. I would recommend the condo for someone who is wanting to get a way from the hussle and bussle of Honolulu.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2003

Weekly rentals at the Makaha Surfside are owned by different individuals. Each unit is distinctively decorated different. Some are a C-; some are an A+. You can get an A+, nicely decorated, very upscale condo to rent for a week with a lovely ocean view and well maintained landscaping. The experience you have at the complex depends on your accommodations you pick for yourself.

Been to Makaha Surfside Condominium? Share your experiences!