“Possibly the best diving overall on Oahu” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Activities in Waianae
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Dauin, Philippines
17 attraction reviews
“Possibly the best diving overall on Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were lucky enough to be in Oahu for seven weeks on yet another business trip. This time we were smart enough to avoid the greater Honolulu area. West side diving was great, and the Catain Bruce charter made it even better.
The crew would pick you up at your hotel in what I can only describe as a limousine van. The boats ran on time and were not excessively crowded. Best of all, the divemaster were cool people that were also serious professionals. CJ, who has now moved to Fiji, was great. But Alan Goldberg earned a special place in my heart. We dove with him about a dozen times. He’s had quite an interesting life and he is great at spotting critters.
They often dive the wreck of the USS Mahi and Makaha caverns. These are great dives worth doing over and over, but they also visit the LCUs, shallow reef areas, and the excellent site Twin Holes. Don’t be fooled by the hype- west Oahu is great diving!

Visited February 2011

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
“Great Diving w/Captain Bruce and Crew!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We did 2 dives w/Captain Bruce and for the most part it was a great experience! The crew was awesome and our dive guide was AWESOME! I felt like we really lucked out! My only complaint was the number of divers on the boat. We were split into groups of 6-7, each with our own dive guide - no complaints there. But at the end of the dive ... when you have 16 people making their way up the dive line doing their safety stop ... oh boy was it chaotic and confusing. I think one dive guide got me confused thinking I was his dive student and tried to pull me back down after my safety stop and I was running out of air. Aside from that, everything else was great. I would dive with them again.

Visited May 2011
Gresham, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Extra mile to make a positive Dive Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I dove 4 days with Capt. Bruce.
(Generally positive, but the last two times their boat was down so they rented space on another boat - that was not so positive; hence my review will focus on the days on their own boat).
Fantastic service from the momentum I was picked up from Waikiki location. The whole team seemed to be focused on a positive diving experience, and people were grouped by experience (as much as possible). I was impressed with how well the dive instructors knew the water and were willing to share it. They truly understood that for their customers this "Isn't Just Another Dive." Unlike many companies, there were no surprises. All company personnel knew what they were going to do, pricing, etc and communicated it clearly.
They only operate on the west side of Oahu and in that respect they're a little limiting, but the experience is worth it. I would most assuredly recommend them with the one caveat: Make sure they are using their own boat.

Visited May 2011