“Diving the Abyss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Patrick's Diving Adventures

Patrick's Diving Adventures
85-491 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, Oahu, HI 96792 (Formerly Pearl Harbor Divers)
+1 808-589-2177
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Patrick' Diving Adventures is a small, independently owned, full-service SCUBA diving company located on the beautiful Waianae coast of Oahu, Hawaii, providing diver training, dive tours, equipment sales & service and rentals.Dive on sunken WWII-era ships, aircraft and tanks! If you want a truly unique scuba experience when scuba diving oahu, come and see us! Our mission is to provide divers with the ultimate personalized experience, whether they are taking classes, purchasing gear or going on an underwater tour. We don't want to be the biggest, but we do want to be the best!
Waipahu, Hawaii
“Diving the Abyss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I’ve wanted to take this dive since I first heard about it. Just to claim the bragging rights, you dove “The Abyss”, is too cool to pass up. I’m 55, female, and dive probably once or twice every 6 months for the past 6 years. But that’s okay. I can rely on Pearl Harbor’s staff to help me in and out of the ocean with their professional, knowledgeable staff.
Bring your brightest flashlight for best viewing. The crew attaches you to a line that allows you to swim freely or just dangle in the current. Relax and watch all the luminescent, iridescent, and indescribable creatures flow past you. All sizes, uniquely beautiful. My favorite was the pulsating lights in a bell shaped one. I felt like a kid waving my flippers in the dark and scattering the plankton that flashed like fireflies.
It’s one tank and it was divine. I was in for 1:40 minutes. The sunset was stunning, the water warm, and the trades brisk, everything I love about Hawaii. Warm up with hot chili and rice and view the stars and Waianae coast on the ride back. Utterly enchanting. Too bad hubby can’t dive. It would have been so romantic.
Thanks to Lucy, dive instructor, and Don, Coast Guard Captain for such a wonderful dive. Their attitude just allows you to sit back, enjoy, and let them do the work.
I have never been disappointed on a dive or dive classes from Pearl Harbor Divers. Ever. I guess I’ll have to go again, because I still need the T-shirt!

Visited June 2013
PHDivers, Owner at Patrick's Diving Adventures, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review. Your kind words are very much appreciated! Lacey said she had a wonderful time with you and the others on the dive and is looking forward to taking you out again!

Seattle, Washington
“Unforgettable Night Dive and Rescue Certification!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

PHD was single handedly responsible for making my Hawaii spring break trip so memorable. It started off with the Abyss dive where I got to see stuff I'd never seen before.. glowy, floaty, pulsing, beautiful, slightly strange, luminescent things floating to the surface. I also retched a couple of times on the rocky seas so maybe that also contributed to the memories. Haha.

The second part was doing my Rescue certification with Patrick! Patrick isn't interested in just passing students so that he can earn their business -- no -- he will make sure that you learn the stuff well, and can properly react in an emergency situation. It was tough work, but I managed to get the certification! Had a little 'party' afterwards :)

I highly recommend PHD. This is Patrick's own business and he has great quality control going on. You won't be disappointed diving with them!

Visited March 2013
PHDivers, Owner at Patrick's Diving Adventures, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Aloha Anthea! Mahalo for the review! Am very glad you enjoyed your experiences with us. You did a great job in your rescue course - hope I wasn't too hard on you ;-)

Let me know when you plan to visit Oahu again and we can show you some more of our underwater paradise!

Makaha
“Easter Egg Hunting PHD style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First inaugural Ester Egg Dive was great!
Mahalo to Rachel and Lacey for come up with it.
We had a blast and are looking forward to the second annual Easter Egg Dive!

Visited March 2013
PHDivers, Owner at Patrick's Diving Adventures, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Aloha! Glad you enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt on Sunday. I know Rachel, Lacey, Sydnie and Mike had a great time with you and the others. Am looking forward to seeing you when you come to the shop to redeem your prize coupons!

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Top Notch Dive Shop/Experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you are interested in having the absolute best diving experiences along with the most courteous, knowledgeable staff and Instructors, there is no reason to look any further than Pearl Harbor Divers. As a resident of the Islands, I have had the opportunity to dive with many different groups and shops. NOT ONE OF THEM delivers the personal attention and extensive knowledge that Pearl Harbor Divers does. You might find a better price at other shops, especially those that cater to the military, but, that doesn't mean that you are getting the best equipment (or service after the sale) for your money. Patrick (Owner) will not be undersold for comparable equipment, even internet pricing, because he truly cares about what you are buying and not just the sale. Every Instructor is extremely knowledgeable and will go out of their way to make sure that you are taken care of. If you truly want to experience "Ohana", this is the only shop in town.

Visited March 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is really nice to hear that we're doing a good job. As always please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience with us.

“IT WAS AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My diver was Lacey, she was lovely and caring. Everything was perfect and I enjoyed my time to the max!!! Wanna go diving in Hawaii? It is the best place for diving in Hawaii.

PHDivers, Owner at Patrick's Diving Adventures, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words (Lacey appreciates them as well) and thank you for diving with us. When you return to Oahu, please come diving with us again - there's lots more to see!

Patrick

Been to Patrick's Diving Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Patrick's Diving Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.