“be careful of manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Makaha Oceanview Estates

Makaha Oceanview Estates
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waianae
Makaha Oceanview Estates
You added Makaha Oceanview Estates to your Saves list
84-575 Kili Drive, Waianae, Oahu, HI 96792   |
utah
“be careful of manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

We went with little expectations because of the price. First off we had trouble getting the right contract from Lark, first one came with a much higher price, she said she just copied an old agreement and sent it to us. The condo as a whole were very nice, but no A/C as advertised so it was a little hot inside. We had an arrangement to have Lark look over the condos as we left [to get our deposit back], but many calls and messages later she did not show up and did not return my call. After my return home again I followed up with emails, but no response for several weeks. Finally got a response that says she is short of money because her partner overspent on their budget for remodeling, her husband is out of work and she does not have enough money [only 150.00] to return our deposit. Don't think she intended to pay us as we were leaving. Cannot recommend this play just because you cannot trust the manager.

• Liked — remodeled
  • Disliked — manager Lark Ticen
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

We had a very nice, newly renovated condo in this building with an ocean view. But in front of the building and ruining the view is a razed construction site. There isn't any security, BBQs or pools, unlike neighboring condo buildings.

Also, the bathroom and fridge were dirty. Lark Ticen, the woman arranging the rentals, cleaned the fridge right away, but I had to clean the bath tub myself so I could give my baby a bath. Ticen still took $35 out of our deposit (on top of a $75 cleaning fee) to clean our sheets and towels, even though she never explained up front that we would have to do the laundry. Also, to wash our own sheets and check out by 10 am we would have had to go to a laundry mat very early in the morning, which doesn't make much sense.

There was no cable or high speed internet. Only one fan. Also, there were also barely enough towels, bowls, and mugs for our group of 4.

Finally, construction until 3 p.m. heading into Honolulu make this a long and unattractive commute to any sights (We were here in early May 08) It appears homeless people camp along the beaches on this stretch of the highway.

Lark needs to put everything in writing and be much more upfront about the condos and her policies.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
makahaocean, Some peoples children could learn to be thankful at Makaha Oceanview Estates, responded to this review, May 12, 2008
A young lady contacted me several times by email on an ad. I told her I was booked up and she called back a week later, asking about the location and if I could help them. I thought perhaps a friend could.

I remained booked and my friend with a unit said he wouldn't be back during that time and they could stay in his unit. I told her it was a different complex.

They never asked anything about the condo except if there was a pool and the beds in the unit. I told the young lady and that there was a resort a short distance away with a pool and she could ask there.

They did arrive the next day around lunch and asked to see the unit. They left, came back and asked if I'd drop the rate for the 5 of them from $99. dollars as there was another unit nearby for $97. (later they told me it was already rented) I again told them it was NOT my unit and that I had no rights to make changes and it would be no bother for them NOT to take the unit .

I also told them they may or may not get internet in the unit as I did not know but if they needed to use it they could actually use mine in my condo at no charge.

They decided to take it and were told that things had to be put back as found to get $75 of the $150. cleaning deposit. (The cleaning service charges that to clean) They also wanted it for 6 days. After 3 they said they had to leave and asked for $75. back.

I walked the unit and all the laundry was left dirty and still on the beds, towels on the floor and in the tub, as well there was food left half open in the fridge, crusts of bread , 2 milk cartons and they had gotten into the owners beer stash and drank it all. As well there were poopy diapers left in the trash in the unit.

It cost me $35. to do the laundry at the laundry mat I had to go to and 3 hours. With laundry it took me 6 hours to put it back together after they left. Oh yah and I gave them $40. of the $75. even though they didn't deserve it as they had agreed to the terms before coming in. They conveniently did not "hear" me they said the morning they decided to leave.

It was day time when they arrived and they could see the 8 mile coastline view .....and the vacant lot out front. They looked, they left and came back. It did not appear out of the dark.

These young people seem to think that I owe them something and they should be waited on for free. I was not making any money. My time is valuable to me. I had to do it so my friend got his money as it is $150 to have a service do it for that size unit.

I apologize for any manners that appear petty in this, as it is not my intention. I expect more from people. These units are beautiful new and a real feeling of Aloha exists among the owners and most visitors as this property continues to grow and improve.And oh yes a pool is coming.

Been to Makaha Oceanview Estates? Share your experiences!