“It was okay...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Attractions in Wahiawa
Type: Gardens, Factory Tours, Outdoors
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Walking, Group tours/train
More attraction details
Owner description: Pineapple plantation which offers the largest maze in the world for children to enjoy.
Placencia, Stann Creek, Belize
20 attraction reviews
“It was okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We did the train tour with our kids. It was a short 20 minute ride, but a bit boring. The kids had more fun eating ice cream and I really enjoyed walking through the huge gift shop. We did get there a little late, so didn't have much time to do the maze.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
“A Dolicious Diversion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Yes, the Dole Plantation is touristy. But if you love pineapple, stop by.

The train ride through the pineapple fields is informative and worth 20 minutes of your time. Skip the garden unless you're a hardcore garden lover and the plants are in bloom. At the gift shop, share a pineapple whip with someone you love.

Philadelphia
9 attraction reviews
“Worth the stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Dole Plantation is worth the stop...notwithstanding the negative reviews, and our hotel concierge doing everything he could to dissuade us from going, we decided to make a quick stop on our drive to the North Shore. The Dole Whip wad yummy, and the pineapple garden was really interesting. We don't have kids so we didn't take advantage of the maze and other attractions, but we definitely enjoyed the stop!

Victoria, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Maze - just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

we decided to do the maze at Dole because our kids had heard about it and just wouldnt let it go. My expectations were low and I was glad of that. First let me recommend NOT to come here on a hot day or at the height of noon!!! we were there at 3pm and the sun was lower in the sky. It was still freaking hot and I kept thinking I would be an awfully cranky parent trying to get out of the darned maze if it was any hotter! My husband and one daughter were done in 29 mins. Took myself and my pther daughter an hpur and ten minutes. It can get a bit frustrating at times. Overall the kids liked it bit for my hisband and I it was just ok. Glad I didnt spend the money on the rest of the park, it did look like a tourist trap.

Haleiwa, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
“Dole Plantation is a Tourist magnet...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

It's a shame Wahiawa has to be known for the Dole Plantation. The town is so much more interesting. The Plantation's best feature is its parking...lots of it. It has little to offer other than shopping for "stuff' that will end up in vacationers next yard sale back home. The actual pineapple processing is way more educational, even though pineapples are giving acreage up to coffee.

Visited June 2013