“Went there for my parents 62nd wedding anniversary and were very disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Mililani, Hawaii
“Went there for my parents 62nd wedding anniversary and were very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My parents wanted to celebrate their 62nd wedding anniversary there. We had the tempura green beans for an appetizer and it was very good- Crispy and salty. Dad likes seafood so he ordered the Louisiana Fried Shrimp = which turned out to be way over cooked and kind of dry. My mother had the ribs with mango dressing. Half her ribs were dry and crunchy like and the the other half was okay. She basically was breaking off the meat from the bones and dipped it into the left over sauce from the tempura green beans - just to make it barely worth eating because it was so dry. I had ordered the Petite Sirloin & Coconut-Crusted Shrimp. The steak was okay but the coconut - crusted shrimp was also over cooked. I cook shrimp all the time and we order shrimp a lot at lots of restaurants and this was the absolute worst we had ever had. Did these people know that it does not take long to cook shrimp! And the thing is we were one of the first people there so we had gotten there before the rush and they still ruined the food. My mother did order the cheesecake with strawberry topping and she loved that and she took home the remainder to enjoy for days- it was a big piece! I had the refillable raspberry ice tea and the waiter (who was excellent) brought me 3 full glasses of it during our meal. My mother ordered the mango ice tea (first time for her) which is not refillable - and she enjoyed it so much she ended up getting 2. My father had decaf coffee and the waiter always checked and refilled cup. Over all we were not worried about the carbs or the dessert or the sweet ice teas this year because I had changed cooking techniques at home so we did not have to worry about diabetes this year on this splurge. Unfortunately all of us had overcooked food which really was a bad disappointment. When my mother had told the waiter that the ribs were over cooked on one of the many times he check on us= he offered to get another batch for her- but she did not want to bother anyone so she kept eating it. My father also does not like to complain about the food and only told us - he ended up not eating much that night except he said the zucchini was better than the shrimp or the baked potato. I noticed the pupu menu was good and half off happy hours- but not weekends like when we were there. We liked that we were actually offered to have our left over drinks also "doggyed bagged" which was the first time anyone actually offer that- i would have said yes but i was very full and had too much to cope with with 2 doggy bags already. To say the least we gave him a good tip despite the not so hot food. But I think this is the last time we are going to eat there though- great service and so- so food is not a good combination and i cook better ribs and shrimp than they do.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Great eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is our favorite restaurant in Mililani. The manager and staff are always friendly. And they have great food.

Visited April 2014
Kapolei
“three words”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Sangria, sangria, sangria! Love it. Great happy hour prices.. Coconut shrimp delish and the staff was very friendly.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hawaii
“Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Ok, it's a big chain from the mainland and there aren't too many healthy items on the menu. But hey, it's predictable, service is usually very good to excellent. They do have a great salad bar which can be pricey but they offer greens beyond just the usual iceberg lettuce. Plus a good assortment of dressing. I think a lot of folks go wrong by drowning their salads in dressing but he, that's their concern, not mine. Drinks are good, beer is cold, appetizers/pupus are are decadent. It's actually a good place to hang and drink w/friends. If the outside weather is cooperating, then it's nice outside too...although bring a light jacket just in case.

• Visited January 2014
Mililani, Hawaii
“Looks good but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Yuppie and sports type bar and dining. If you like drinking and yuppie food this is the place for you. We are not into this type. We find the food passable tasting and a bit to pricey for us so we only go there about once every other year. Their main push seems to be fancy ice teas and drinks- which we cannot drink because we are diabetics and they all have too much sugar. Their salad bar is only average and expensive. They advertise healthy - but I find the food has too much cheeses as a way to get around the bad fat that they are steering away from- which is a turn off for a lot of us who have allergies to dairy. Most of the time we just do not find much that we like on their menu- which is why we do not return often. I will say this though- they are friendly and the place is clean.

• Visited September 2013