“Great Place for a Horse Back Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Laie
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want to experience Hawaii as a Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy), then Gunstock Ranch is the right place for you. Enjoy an intimate horseback ride suitable for folks of all skill levels. If you are looking for a true Hawaiian experience, join us for a beautiful tour of Hawaii’s natural elegance and peace. From our Pony Rides for Kids to our Advanced Rides, the beauty of Hawaii is for everyone to experience.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
32 attraction reviews
“Great Place for a Horse Back Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I admit I was a little leery about the place when driving to the ranch. The dirt road was very rough in spots and the place looked a bit run down. Boy did I change my mind! This is a fabulous place for a ride. Much better than the big commercialized ranch down the way. There was an enclosure full of goats you could pet while waiting on your ride to start. Our guide Ross was wonderful. He made sure of our riding abilities before we started and was very informative on the ride and very friendly and personable overall. We did a sunset ride and rode up in the mountains and had an excellent place to watch the sun set as well as view the ocean. My wife and I were the only ones on the ride and were experienced riders so we helped round up some cattle. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The also have day rides and full moon rides. Be sure to ask for Ross!

Visited February 2013

Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We took our 2 kids for the horseback ride. (13 & 9 years old) They both loved it. The instructors were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone wanting to go horseback riding.

Sunset Beach, Hawaii
10 attraction reviews
“My home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've kept my horses at Gunstock Ranch for nearly 20 years all toll...And I have watched the ranch grow into an attraction in Hawaii that needs to be on a travelers must do list! How delightful to come across a group of happy riders in the mountains. The Wrangler sharing amazing history and Hawaiian legends! Recently Gunstock earned a full page write up in the travel section of our local paper, the Honolulu Star Advertiser, 7/29/12...Google it to see the beautiful color pictures and read about the attractions available. Some are a covered heated pool, bbq. pavilion, huge meadow for concerts and events, petting zoo, party packages, and LOTS of you design trail rides....Here is a sweet story that just happened... A young man arranged with Gunstock a surprise proposal. He took his girlfriend via horseback to a beautiful area, dismounted and pop the question...And she answered with a YES! And yes you too will be delighted upon your visit to the 500 acre working cattle ranch, nestled next to the beautiful Koolau Mountains...It's a full moon tonight and visitors will be enjoying their ride...oh I need to go saddle-up...Aloha!

Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Greatest Place for Horseback Riding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We've been to Gunstock a few times over the years as we try to get to Hawaii once a year. The rides are always pleasant and the guides are always the nicest of any horseback riding place on Oahu. They used to have a 4 hour rides but they cut it out. The views are beautiful and the scenery is wonderful.

Visited December 2011
San Diego
20 attraction reviews
“Stumbled on this treasure when Kualoa was sold out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The trails on this ride are just beautiful, a very peaceful ride through some gorgeous ranch land. Even the cattle were gorgeously impressive, as well as other horse stables and their own petting zoo. Was more than impressed and so happy we had the chance to ride here.

We have ridden at Kualoa before but I was apprehensive about how peaceful they would be now that they have ATV's, so I especially enjoyed the chance to ride at Gunstock- it is well marked from the road and there is so much pasture fencing it would be hard to overlook- 37 miles from Waikiki. The ocean on one side, the ranch on the other.

Although I did not have my grandson with me I asked about their program for young riders as I was impressed enough that I cannot wait to take him- they have a very, very nice ride- not just one of those 'circle in the corral' but rather a short trail where the parents and family can actually walk the trail as well and take all the pictures they want. Ideal for those not ready for the adult ride, I found them very caring, enough for me to write this review and share what we'd learned- loved it!

Visited March 2012