Hawaii is paradise so it's always a bummer to leave. The beach club is a time share property, so just expect that they try to sell you a unit. Probably a great deal if you have a family.
The villas are great. They are spacious with a kitchen stocked with the essential cooking gear. The bathroom was huge and all tile. BBQs outside.
There are a few pools and hot tubs. The gym is very nice and there is a 3 mile running trail along the beach. There are multiple lagoons with no current or wave, so it is really easy snorkeling.
Pros: pretty, clean, great units and spacious. You can easily fit a family whereas in a hotel room, that would be tight.
Cons: lot's of kids (but maybe that is good for you), no poolside service.
I'm used to hotels that come by the pool and hand you pinapple, clean your sunglasses, ask you if you need a drink etc. There isn't any of this here. Yoga, snorkel rental, any activity etc isn't included, which seems to be the theme these days unless you go to a super high end resort (and pay 3x as much). But, if you have a family, this really would be great. It's not too far outside Waikiki so you can still go there for the shopping, eating, etc. BUT it's 20x more relaxing/pretty than Waikiki. You have tons of space on the beach, and you can relax out here in Ko Olina. You can walk next store to the JW Marriott that has a few more food options and shops, or there is a shuttle. There is a lot of construction going on, but it didn't bother me. You might want to go here now before the construction ends and there are more hotels with crowds. They're building some fancy condo's and there is also going to be huge hotel, The Grand Ko Olina, (similar to the Grand Wailea). Or, you can wait - soon they'll have a ferry that goes between Ko Olina and Waikiki which will be awesome.
Lovely place. If you want the kitchen facility instead of just a plane hotel room, then stay here. If you don't need that and want a little more classy, grown up atmosphere, the stay next store at the JW.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel Kapolei
- Marriott Vacation Club Kapolei
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Hotel
- Marriott Kapolei
- Ko Olina Beach Club
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Club
- Kapolei Marriott
- Ko Olina
- Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club Hawaii/Oahu
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.