“Great Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quantico, Virginia
“Great Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a great resort with lots of activities happening each day. The rooms are large and very clean. We loved the pools as well as being able to go to the beach. The free activities such as movie nights for the children were great! We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kapolei
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed recently for the 4th of July weekend. Beautifully designed and nicely added activities for the family, ie movies, hula lessons, golf introduction.

But having 2 units and paying $720 per night you would think the small but important parts would be taken care of. One room had a steamer with the rice pot and other didn't. One had a chopping board and other did not. Serving salad utensils, dish towels... one roll toilet paper (not extra but only one). Yes easy to call for these additional items but you would think it would be in place so you don't have to. And you don't want to call in the middle of the night for extra toilet paper... yeah laugh but actually happened... okay we laughed but not to the person stuck in there.

We had a great time, the hotel staff was very friendly and the family enjoyed and relaxed. And it was the family that brought up these inconsistencies...

Oh by the way the steak house called Chucks is not that great for the cost. The Waikiki Chucks cellar is much better for food and cost. Go buy some steaks at Costco (8-10 minute drive) or Safeway (12-15 minutes) and grill your own is my suggestion. Long boards restaurant food is good except the mash potatoes were a bit hard and gummy. Tasted like a mix with fresh potatoes and box (grainy). So if you can cook then come here and enjoy the relaxful atmosphere. If you don't cook there are other choices in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for joining us over the 4th of July holiday! While we are happy to hear your family had a great time, our team apologizes for the inconsistent in-room amenities. This information will be shared with resort management as well as your feedback regarding Long Boards Restaurant. Thank you again for visiting and we look forward to your next stay at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club!
Jefferson City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This property was our second stop on our Hawaiian vacation we had stayed in Waikiki for a few days and wanted to finish the trip with a more relaxing experience. this hotel was perfect. everything about it was relaxing.

the only down side to this resort is the poor selection of restaurants. But there are a number of nice options very close. The pools were nice and there were always lounge chairs available to relax in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your five-star TripAdvisor review! We are pleased to hear you and your family had a relaxing vacation experience with us at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club. We Hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Hawaii!
ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Rest and relaxation away from all other hectic life. No worries the tours are all here to show you the beautiful island. If your self adventurous you will need a car from this location. Don't miss the town shops close by. Monkey Pod restaurant is a good night out away from the resort just across the street

• Stayed June 2014
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for a week and had a very relaxing holiday. It is out of the way somewhat which for us was a bonus but has plenty of local restaurants, the best of which was Roy's which I would highly recommend. Sipping on cocktails in the hot tub watching the sunset each night didn't get boring.

There is an airbase near by so we were treated to an F22 flyover every other night which was a treat for me but perhaps not everyone? :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First off I feel bad to write this review because the majority of staff at this property are very nice and accommodating,- but on the other hand I need to let the public know so this doesn't happen to you!

We arrived to a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen. I thought everything looked immaculate until waking up to 19 bites all over my body! My daughter and I slept in the same bed so she too was attacked. My husband and son slept in the other room and were fine.
We really had no idea what caused these bites so I decided to do some investigating on the internet and in the room where we slept.

I decided to lift up the mattress and pull off the bed skirt to look at the box spring and low and behold evidence of bed bugs (feces, shells, stains etc.BUT!! No actual bug! I will try to post picks below. So we call housekeeping, and they send a whole team of people - Housekeeping Supervisor - a few of her staff and security.

They search and can't find the actual bugs. The Supervisor asks if I've been in the sand or swimming and I said yes! But we've only been here a day! She said its flea bites? Huh? We don't own any pets at this time and I'm OCD about cleanliness. I felt embarrassed - could I be wrong? No! These bites were starting to itch more and more and beginning to blister by early afternoon. My daughter and I were somehow allergic.

So now they offer to bring a whole new mattress and completely clean the room. I said that would be sufficient for now - not knowing yet how these bugs operate.

We were staying with my husbands family who had a room across the hall and seemed a little offended that we were making such a big deal because they absolutely love this Marriott in Kapolei.

So long story short - they clean the room - new mattress etc. basket of candy ... Everything good right? No!!
Next night more bites! Not as many and this time - it's only me who is being bitten! Now I'm going crazy - cant sleep the whole week - washing, everything constantly. I'm so freaked out!! Trying to not make a big deal - but now we r home and I have scars all over! Face, hand, arm, and legs. Trying to heal.

All of our luggage is still outside. Slowly washing every single item. I still feel like bugs are biting me. Using hydrocortisone and anti scar creams everyday.

Some vacation....:(

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review. We are deeply sorry to learn about your experience as this is not typical of the resort. We would like to learn more about your issue and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 1-800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review.
Austin,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I truly loved this hotel with its beautiful fish ponds, shark pond, beach cove and adorable bridges. This hotel also had wonderful snorkeling from the beach at the hotel. Our room overlooked the beach and the pool and had a very nice veranda where we were able to enjoy the ocean breezes The staff were wonderful and always there to help in any way that they could. I can honestly say that the Marriott hotel made our first trip to Hawaii perfect.

Room Tip: You won't regret staying at this hotel. Be sure to go to the Paradise Cove Luau that is walking...