“Nice place to play and stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kapolei
Simi Valley, California
“Nice place to play and stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom after staying at Disney for a few days. It would have been better to save Disney for last (since the pools and slides can't be beat) but the Marriott offers a lot of nice things for families too. First the rooms are nice and large, beds are comfy and kitchen has everything you need. It's great to be able to make some meals and BBQ. The pool area was pretty crowded but we were always able to find chairs. The water slide is fun and our 5 year old had a good time playing on it but I wish there was spot adults could sit so they could see the slide. There are no chairs anywhere near the slide so that leaves you waiting/bobbing in the water while the kids go down time after time. Marriott tries to have a full day of "activities" but a lot of the schedule was pretty weak. We played bingo on afternoon and were treated to free rootbeer floats - fun. Also on Friday and Saturday there is a mermaid who comes to the pool to read a story and swim with the kids for an hour - this was a hit too. All in all I would recommend this hotel for families and would likely come back again.

Room Tip: We booked a garden view (least expensive) but ended up with a view of the harbor and ocean. Very pr...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your family’s experience with us! Our team is happy to hear you had a great time on your vacation in Hawaii. Please visit us again at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Since we live in NJ, Hawaii was on my husbands bucket list. Needless to say expectations were very high since we are Marriott owners and expect special privileges when we trade within the Marriott fam. Well The Marriott Ko Olina didnt disappoint! Im not sure if its a new process for Marriott or just this resort but I was very pleased I was contacted to ask if we had any special room requests. It takes away from my experience if I dont have oceanview so I requested it and a high floor. I also called room control and got the standard answer that I am scheduled for mountainview and resort owners rarely give up their villas.Since I was in the area a few days prior I made sure to check in early around noon hoping I would get a better chance of a oceanview. I received the call my room was ready and I had an excellent poolview 10th floor Hale building. I was so thrilled that nothing could put a cloud over my experience since I had a beautiful pool view and OCEANVIEW!!!Thanks so much. I cant wait to return(:

• Stayed March 2014
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

If you're good with being away from Waikiki with your family this is a great place to go. I went during what I consider the off season (March) and it was fairly full, as far as chairs by the pool and on the beach. A great place for families, especially with the Disney property right next door. The North shore and Dole Plantation were 20-30 minutes away and a trip over to Kailua Beach was 30 minutes. Kailua is a great calm family beach.

Room Tip: The best choice of rooms comes if you're a Ko Olina owner, if you trade through RCI or Interval...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aloha! Our team is thrilled to read your five-star Tripadvisor review! We look forward to welcoming you back to Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club in the near future.
Potomac Falls, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Ko Olina property and we stayed for 10 nights. The 1-BR suites have a full kitchen and are set up for four with the queen-size pull out couch in the living room. Lots to do at the resort and some activities are great. The nightly "stargazing" on the lawn is an hour of amazing views via a remarkable telescope and a detailed narration by a NASA certified astronomer. Tours arranged by the concierge are run by "VIP" and our Circle-Island venture took an entire day and was extremely well managed by "Bud." I expect he averaged almost five facts per mile, all interesting, and usually directly related to the next view out the windows. Lots of stops and picture opportunities. The spa at the Beach Club is fine, but the nearby JW Marriott facility rivals the best we've encountered. You can read elsewhere about the restaurants, but the grills are maintained well and there's ample equipment in the full kitchen to prepare whatever you wish. If you take advantage of the concierge team, you'll be glad; they're well informed, efficient, and enjoy what they do. In our evaluation of the stay, we cited Denise Sofa as the premier employee we dealt with during our stay. Finally, there's the golf: a super resort course with diverse holes, lots of water and sand, and tiny greens that seem to defy analysis.

Room Tip: The parking is tough in the parking garages but there's an outdoor lot on the far side of the no...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just stayed at this property for Spring Break 2014. We were in two bedroom villa, on an upper floor with a beach view. This property is awesome! The villas were very will appointed and very nice. Beds were the same high end mattresses they use at the other high end Marriotts. My family of four and my parents all shared one villa. There was plenty of space for everyone. The pool was a little crowded at times, but it was spring break. There was plent of room at the beach though. The property offers daily activities that you can participate in, however we spent alot of our days out touring the island. At first I was a little dismayed that they didnt offer things like paddleboarding in the cove next to the resort. Its available at the JW & Disney resorts a short walk down the beach. I quickly found out why the dont offer! The cove at the JW had no less than 500 people swimming, paddle boarding, kaying, etc. in the water. It looked like the wave pool at a water park. My advice: stay at the beach club and walk down to the JW Marriott if you want those activities.

The cove itself is just ok. Its man made and has not been there very long so not many fish have gathered, so snorkeling is not that great but there are other spots in the area.

The pool is very nice with waterfalls, slides, etc.. If you have younger children they will be entertained for days. Teenagers will get bored, but I honestly dont know of anyplace they dont get bored.

Service is very good. When you check in they point you to the Aloha desk. Terrance was the name of the guy who helped us and he was outstanding. Obviously loved his job and the island. We had one issue with the air conditioner at check in but they had someone up within five minutes to fix. Staff at all the restrauntants, front desk, cleaning staff, really everywhere was very friendly.

I stay at various Marriott brands about 150 nights per year for business and most of my vacations are at Marriott so I know the brand pretty well. As far as an overall, family friendly, vacation resort I would put this towards the top.

The only gripes I would have would be:
1) We went to a Luau on the property. It was outstanding! Great show, food was better than most buffetts. However, its my understaning this is going away. I think this is a mistake because its a great way to introduce mainlanders to island culture and its right there at the resort. If I didnt want to spend most of my time at the resort I would have just booked a regular hotel.
2) Its a vacation club property. They are not overly pushy on trying to get you to go to a presentation but they do ask several times.

Room Tip: If you pay for the beach view then I believe there are beach view rooms on both sides, you want the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aloha and thank you for visiting Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club! We truly appreciate your positive review and thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We look forward to your next stay in Hawaii!
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki Beach, Ko Olina is an oasis of peace and relaxation. The rooms at the Marriott Beach Club are huge, we always stay here in a 2 bedroom unit in the building closest to the Marina. On this visit we were offered a similar suite at the building closest to Disney's Aulani Resort but found the room there visibly smaller, further away from the water and (although well maintained) obviously built earlier than the one to the far south so we moved back.

These 2 bedroom units are perfect for my wife and myself plus my daughter's family (my son-in-law and 2 grandchildren). These units are part of Marriott's time share properties, you will receive an invitation to attend their sales presentation but it's not overtly high pressure and yes, you will be rewarded for your time spent. Every time we stay here we go to nearby Costco and buy some prime steaks which be BBQ at the BBQ area beside the building, the only downside to the gas BBQs provided is that they only have 2 burners and they do not come with thermometers so you have to watch your meal very closely during the whole process.

We've tried all the on site restaurants, unfortunately none of them are outstanding nor do they offer value for money. They have a weekly BBQ dinner here at Longboard's Bar and Grill, it was very disappointing, save your money and avoid this at all costs. Perhaps I had overly high expectations but it was very disappointing even for the kids. Stay here for the lagoon, the pools, the facilities, the rooms, food is not their forté.

Room Tip: The building to the south of the Kona building where you check in is newer and better than the build...
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I have stayed here on several occasions. That should say enough, if I keep coming back, I obviously enjoy the place. There is plenty to do on the island and the water is warm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
It is always rewarding to hear when we have exceeded our guest's expectations! We appreciate your positive review and thank you for choosing to stay with us in Hawaii. Please come visit again soon at Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club!

Been to Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!