This was our first time at a vacation club and we expected some form of hard selling. We didn't get it although they do try to make you attend a 90 minute presentation and offer incentives to attend.
We had the cheapest room (ours was called a one bedroomed 'villa'..... but it was a room) and it was perfectly adequate for our needs.
We had a view of the car park so we checked the cost of a sea view, it was an additional $100 per night but felt we'd spent enough already on our vacation (we are taking a year off to travel).
Although we did the sights of the Island we did spend a couple of days by the hotel pool and it was very relaxing. The landscaping of the area is beautiful with fishponds and shady areas. There are a number of beautifully shaped pools (not your retangular concrete) with one being a 'quiet' pool. There were very few children in the resort during our visit so all pools were quiet.
The pool area is lit up at nights, the palm trees are lit up too and wogga-wogga lamps line the paths. It is very pretty.
The 'beach' is man-made and protected from the ocean by rocks about 50 yards out and is great for kids. This is 2 weeks before Xmas and we suspect that next week it will be full of kids
The big gripes from us is that you have to add an additional $30 per night to the room rate to pay for parking. Both self park and valet are the same price!
Also there is very little to do in the evening and the resort closes down very, very early. There is live entertainment in one of the bars but this stops at 8.30 and the last bar starts to shut down at 9.00pm even though last orders are 10pm. You can go out but you'll need your car.
Staff are very friendly especally the concierge staff around the pool.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel Kapolei
- Marriott Vacation Club Kapolei
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Hotel
- Marriott Kapolei
- Ko Olina Beach Club
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Club
- Kapolei Marriott
- Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club Hawaii/Oahu