My husband and I come to Hawaii at least once a year for work mixed with vacation, usually more often. We always stay in Honolulu/Waikiki, so this time we decided to switch things up after hearing that this side of the island is more laid back and relaxed. It's also a popular home choice for many Oahu residents wishing to get away from the huge tourist boom in the city.
Things are definitely more relaxed here. No traffic, no throngs of people moving down the road in herds...Yes, of course there are plenty of people considering there are three resorts in a row, but it's basically just beach, pools and people in their bathing suits.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and are kept meticulously neat and tidy around the clock. There are multiple restaurants on the property- we tried two of them and found both to be overpriced and so-so quality at best, but that's another review. Staff is very friendly.
We did have an issue with our room the first night. We had booked an 'ocean view' but when we got to our room after checkin, we found ourselves overlooking a back parking lot. When we went back to the front desk to state that we had clearly been put in the wrong room, we were told that our room was indeed 'deeded' an ocean view and that very few of their rooms actually 'saw' the ocean. We requested a change to which they did accommodate. The new room could see a bit of the ocean in the distance, but at least overlooked one of the pools. So just be careful what you're booking and this is important to you, be sure to call ahead and say so!
The only other potential 'issue' is that there are ALOT of children here- definitely more than you'd find at your hotel in Waikiki. Pools, lawns, etc. are covered in children, so if you're looking for more of an adult feel, this may not be your thing??
The rooms themselves are nice enough- nothing amazing, but nice. Best part is that they have a giant ceiling fan, which is such an added bonus for us at bedtime! Would stay here again when looking to 'get away from it all!'
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel
- Marriott`s Ko Olina Beach Club Hotel Kapolei
- Marriott Vacation Club Kapolei
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Hotel
- Marriott Kapolei
- Ko Olina Beach Club
- Marriotts Ko Olina Beach Club
- Kapolei Marriott
- Ko Olina
- Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club Hawaii/Oahu
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.