“If you are Platinum elite with Marriott - do not stay here, do not stay here, do not stay here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club

Rewards Members Save 35%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kapolei
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was probably my worst Marriott experience worldwide. I read reviews ahead of time and I am kicking myself for not heeding the post of another Marriott elite patron who said they had nearly 1000 nights. (I have 400 nights) You will not get upgraded at this resort if it saved your life. Single beds occur in every room - not 1 room in the entire hotel has 2 actual beds. If you need 2 beds for kids, etc it is loathsome uncomfortable sofa pull outs, again, even suites only have 1 actual bed. 3 of 5 nights I had to close my window due to cigarette smoke-front desk did nothing. Finally, the front desk relocated us to a much lower floor and offered a $50 credit. Room soaps and shampoo are the absolute cheapest in the entire Marriott chain. Linens are not changed daily. Again, if you are Marriott Elite other advisors and my advice ... JW :).

Room Tip: If you are Platinum elite with Marriott - do not stay here, do not stay here, do not stay here. JW...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We have been owner's since KoOlina opened. This year 22 members of our family visited and stayed in all 3 buildings. Our grandkids really loved the place - more than I ever expected.

My daugther and her family were originally going to stay with us, but she chose to get her own unit. She was in Building 3 and had a corner unit overlooking the Pacific. They loved the water slide, and the lava pools. Now she even looked into purchasing her own unit.

My son and his family loved the place also, and snorkeled most every beach around O'ahu. They were on the go all of the time.

Great place for families. Oh by the way. Don't pass up the FiaFia night. It is really a great, great time.

Mahalo

Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We just got back from a 10 night stay at the Ko Olina Beach Club. We had a two bedroom unit with ocean view. My wife and I brought our two kids, ages 3 and 1 as well as her parents (for occasional babysitting!) We did not eat at the restaurants on property, opting instead to make a trip to Costco and use the grills on-site. We had intended to do this from the start and packed spices, which saved money and gave us great dinners for reasonable prices!

Our 3 year old daughter LOVED the pools and the lagoon, as well as the beach. She got a kick of "swimming with fishes" in the lagoon. She can't fully swim so she was wearing a life jacket, but it was nice to let her swim in the ocean without worrying about huge waves or current making it dangerous for her. She also loved the sandy bottom pool where she could rotate between swimming and playing in the sand. Our son, 16 months, liked this pool as well. He was able to walk around in it just fine and liked the "volcano" fountains off to each side. Both kids also loved the various hot tubs.

Our room was exactly what we expected. I was actually surprised at how comfortable the pull out bed was that my daughter slept on. Granted I didn't actually sleep on it, but I did lay on it for a test and it was much softer and higher quality than I expected from previous pull-out bed experiences.

The resort has great activities for the kids as well. We were only able to attend a few of them, but our daughter enjoyed the big bubbles on the lawn outside of our building, as well as the koi fish feeding. We also watched the Fia Fia preview on Monday and it was very entertaining, although we decided not to attend the full event the next evening.

For a family vacation this was the perfect place to be. We did a trip to Waikiki and another to the North Shore with the entire group, but found the actual ocean is just too much for our kids in this young stage of their life. So those days turned into strictly beach play. The pools and lagoon at the resort were perfect for them. We're already trying to plan our trip back in a few years!

Room Tip: Not a room tip, but if you plan on grilling pack your favorite spices from home! It saves you money...
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in a one bedroom unit with an ocean view. The room was spacious and included a washer/dryer. The only noise I heard in the room were the birds around 6 am but I was okay with that. There are three pools at the resort: one is a quiet pool, another is a gradual entry pool with fake sand (caution, it's hard on your feet after a bit but kids don't seem to mind) and the other half is a regular pool, and my favourite pool is the one with waterfalls and a waterside. However my favourite place to be was the beach/lagoon. I would recommend renting a cabana chair as there is no shade on the beach. The Disney Resort is a short walk on the beach away and is fun to check out. My only complaint is that if you want to go anywhere you need a car. There is no shuttle to this resort and if you want to do a tour like Polynesian Cultural Centre they only offer transportation once a week. For the most part this was not a big deal for us. If you do have a car a target is a short distance away to pick up groceries. Or take a cab as its not a huge distance away. This was one of my favourite resorts of all the places I have stayed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kapaa, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed in this area in the past and it is a beautiful area. We have stayed in the Marriott Hotel several times no complaints! This was our second time at the Beach Club, the first time everything was at least acceptable if you were very tolerant .This the second time service was undeniably crappy, the people with few exceptions were rude or out to lunch at every level of service other than housekeeping which done a good job. WHAT leaves an especially bad taste in your mouth is this is a VERY expensive property that attempts to find ways to charge you even more and that is somewhat acceptable when the experience is superior this wasn’t a superior experience. The worst was the supposed $150 meal credit they so generously proclaim to give you IT IS THE RIP OFF THE CENTURY. First of all its very unclear that all the restaurant’s in the property don’t participate their reasoning/explanation is well it’s in the fine print , Come on Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club HOW Many people go on vacation to a resort to read the fine print about a supposed free meal credit!! Of course they got very defensive about this as they have to know it’s VERY MISLEADING and makes people angry when they find out they have eat on the property because of the meal credit and now it comes out of their pocket not a meal credit. It’s a beautiful area but stay there with caution and read every detail and personally I would choose the Marriott Hotel and forget the Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club .

Room Tip: ASK for a room away from elevator exits they are very noisy ,and ask a lot of detailed questions as...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ww stayed here for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom Island view suite. It had all amenities including a washer and drier and full kitchen. We had an island view on the 1st floor which was really a parking lot view, but it didn't matter to us, as we have 4 busy children and were only in our room to sleep and have the odd meal. There are 2 on-site restaurants, one high end (Chuck's) with entrees costing around $45 dollars and a medium end, more casual restaurant (Longboards) costing about $12-$15 per entree. Our family enjoyed Longboards because of hte cheaper prices, great food and nightly supper entertainment. Make sure to reserve at prime times or you have to wait about 30 mins. The beach is steps from the resort.....it actually is right on the resort. Some locals use the lagoon area for swimming, as there are 4 lagoons in the area, all within walking distance... a beautiful nightly stroll, but with the other public beaches in the area, it wasn't a trouble at all. Tuesday nights they have an on-site luau called Fia Fia and is a great family event, though expensive. There are also excursions around the island that can be booked through the concierge desk. There is also a car rental on site. The pool area was pretty good for the resort size, especialy considering you can walk straight out of the pool and onto the beach and into the ocean water. During peak periods it might get a bit crowded around the pool. All in all, a great family vacation with some much needed rest and relaxation.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

For Oahu properties, this is one of the best. Location is the best. Good to be away from Waikiki to enjoy Hawaii's real beauty. There are several beach lagoons so there's a path for walking or jogging. People are friendly, the weather is great, the pools are plentiful. I go here almost every year while visiting family and I used to live on Oahu so I know the type of hotels available there. It's also one of the better Marriott Vacation Clubs.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!