My sister and I stayed at the JW a few weekends ago for her birthday (June 13-15th) and we had an amazing time. We went to spa on Friday, checking in early so we could use the private pool area, then go in the roman bath & cold plunge pool prior to our fantastic massages. There was a special on massages for $105 custom or $110 Lomi-Lomi...what a deal for a top notch spa! Saturday I got her a cabana on beach and I booked this deal where you spend $100 but you get a $75 food/beverage credit. That too is a great deal as having the cabana's protection from the sun is so worth it and with how expensive lunch/drinks are, we were probably going to spend $75 anyway. Sunday, I hit the gym which is okay and then we lounged around before checking out.
The grounds here are gorgeous and if you are a jogger, you should definitely ask for a jogging map. And if you do interval training, I recommend skipping the gym and finding the grassy area facing the ocean (kitty corner to the lagoon and just when you come out of the pool area). There were folks doing burpees, sit ups, core exercises etc out there and what a gorgeous place to work out.
So why was this very good and not a 5-star excellent stay? Well there were some things that could have been improved:
**BUGS: We had to get the room sprayed b/c we had ants and even after we did that, we were still finding them. I know it's Hawaii, but I stayed at the Kahala earlier in the week and we had no ant problem there.
**Check-in experience: I completely understand that our room wasn't ready when we arrived, however when it was ready, there was a huge line, and I was supposed to wait in line...AGAIN....to get my room keys. Called back the person who called me to let me know our room was ready and they sent someone out, but it was an intern...so process took longer than if I had waited in-line. On a side note: where is the Elite or Gold/Platinum check in? I actually saw the carpet rolled out during a "slower time" but during peak check in, where was it?
**Spa amenities: Needle shower which is my sister's fave amenity was closed down:(
**Hot tub: This was also closed on Saturday night (it was roped off)...super big bummer
**Cabana service: Our server was so nice but she was either too busy or had to big of a section b/c we constantly had to ask someone to get her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa is an oceanfront hotel that overlooks one of four beach coves. AAA Four Diamond rating with spacious guest rooms and lanais located on the western shore of Oahu. Guests enjoy on the on-site spa, sumptuous dining options and the championship Ko Olina Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Ihilani Hotel Kapolei
- JW Marriott Ihilani Resort And Spa Hawaii/Oahu
- Marriott Kapolei
- Kapolei Marriott
- Jw Marriott Oahu