The location of the hotel is nice. There is lots to do and some good restaurants in the area, even in walking distance. The hotel registration staff was great, upgrading us to a beautiful sunset ocean view room.
The room was smaller than expected, perhaps because of too much furniture. But it is well appointed and in nice shape. Bath was really great with two sinks, vanity, separate shower and tub. The balcony was very large, overlooking trees and beach. Quiet lovely.
The hotel is a bit sterile in decor, and the pool is very, very small, with chairs sometimes hard to get. Strangely, there were TONS on kids in pool....I mean Tons on Sunday...maybe they sell day passes?? Not romantic as expected. also, pool drinks WAY overpriced. $14 for a weak mai tai. When I asked for a bit more rum. The bartender rolled his eyes and sighed. Not nice. Go to Monkeypods down street for AWESOME food and drinks, way better than Marriott.
Everyone talked about the beautiful walkways...which are nice...but I guess I have been to much more lush, pretty resorts. The lagoons are nice, but frankly many spots in Caribbean are nicer.
I think I am on the fence because resort is very nice, but not all that impressive, very expensive, and they nickel and dime you! $35 to park , even for those high up in loyalty program.... In the middle of nowhere with plenty of parking...not like you are in Waikiki....just price gouging...you pay gas to get there, plus rental car AND for parking...AND tips to valet every time they get your car. Just be prepared.
Oh, a tip, Disney next door is building big water slides..right next to Marriott...beware in near future this hotel will be even louder!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa is an oceanfront hotel that overlooks one of four beach coves. AAA Four Diamond rating with spacious guest rooms and lanais located on the western shore of Oahu. Guests enjoy on the on-site spa, sumptuous dining options and the championship Ko Olina Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Ihilani Hotel Kapolei
- JW Marriott Ihilani Resort And Spa Hawaii/Oahu
- Marriott Kapolei
- Kapolei Marriott
- Jw Marriott Oahu