This hotel is absolutely beautiful! This hotel is on the other side (leeward) of Waikiki so a car is necessary. The cost of parking actually cost more then the car rental, but it's Hawaii!
Pulling up to the hotel, the valets were super nice and helpful. You could valet or self park. They were quick to get you your vehicle and always asked where you were headed so they could offer you some pointers (spot to eat, sight to see) if you wanted, they also offered you towels to take with you in case you decide to stop by a beach.
Check in was a breeze. Wifi is free you just need to get a code from the front desk. Room were nice, large bathrooms, vanity, nice comfy bed, inroom safe, fridge, sitting area, great ocean views. Nice balcony to sit on and have some drinks and take in the view.
There was a seafood buffet the night we arrived, so we ate there, it was delicious!! Their breakfasts were really yummy as well. We ventured out for eats as well. There's a very good BBQ place down the street is the plaza. Also there an abc store, good for getting snacks and drinks. And a great ice cream place.
Back to the hotel, the grounds were immaculate. There are many many fish, starfish, stingray and hammerhead sharks...you can watch them go crazy during feeding time. The pool was nice, not to big but was never overcrowded, chairs were always available. The beach was beautifully kept. The water was nice and you could snorkel out, not far about waist deep and you'll see lots of fish. The hotel lent me a life vest so I could just use it to float in the water and snorkel.
All the restaurants were good, the poolside food is great too. Naupaka was great for breakfast.
The spa is pricey but the massage felt so relaxing it was worth it!
The hotel is in it's own little bay and there are a few connecting, you can walk along the whole stretch to the next hotel and Ko'olina marina. We walked along the beach to the next hotel for the luau show, it was not on at this hotel at the time.
The drive to Waikiki, Pearl Harbor, north shore, diamond head, etc was super easy. We didn't get stuck in any traffic. There's a target pretty close by if you forget anything or if you want bottled water, drinks, snacks, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa is an oceanfront hotel that overlooks one of four beach coves. AAA Four Diamond rating with spacious guest rooms and lanais located on the western shore of Oahu. Guests enjoy on the on-site spa, sumptuous dining options and the championship Ko Olina Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Ihilani Hotel Kapolei
- JW Marriott Ihilani Resort And Spa Hawaii/Oahu
- Marriott Kapolei
- Kapolei Marriott
- Jw Marriott Oahu