“The Ihilani Suite is amazing” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kapolei
GreenLeadersGold level
Plymouth, Minnesota
“The Ihilani Suite is amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Definitely use your Marriott reward points and upgrade to the Ihilani Suite. You can open the doors to both lanais and let the tropical breezes flow through your room. The staff was extremely nice and accomodating (do not discuss politics with the bartender Christopher though - it won't end well). The manager, room staff and everyone really makes you feel welcome and appreciated. Avoid the buffet as you will be sharing it with the wild birds. Do pick up supplies at Costco which is one exit down. The italian restaurant is just beautiful - you have hammerhead sharks entertaining you inches away and the food was very excellent. The pool isn't really up to what I consider Hawaiian standards - it is quite small. There are a couple of small shops a block away but not much else in the way of shopping. There was construction going on at the Disney property next door which made feel a little like we were in Mexico. If I were to book here again I would make sure that the construction was complete. Thank you to Sean Donahue, the food and beverage suopervisor, for making our stay and, especially our last evening, extra special!

Room Tip: The Ihilani Suite is a must.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

True luxury is the only way to describe this hotel!

We got a deluxe ocean view room on the 16th floor. Directly above the pool and and expansive view of the 4 lagoons along the coastline. Never felt more like a VIP. All the staff members we encountered from the valet to the registration desk to the restaurant and pool servers were extremely friendly and upbeat. Everyone seemed to love working there, and who wouldn't with that view?

We dined at the Naupaka Terrace for the Saturday Seafood Dinner Buffet. The food was amazing. Scott was our server, and made the night even more memorable with his friendly personality. My favorites from the buffet were the crab legs, mahi mahi and tender prime rib.

The room was very clean and spacious, and I loved the layout of the bathroom! Two sinks - one on each side of the bathroom and mirrors on both sides that open up an already spacious bathroom. Didn't get to bathe in the huge tub but the showers were beautiful granite and even had adjustable water pressure, a nice added feature.

My favorite thing about the room was the touch screen control panel next to the bed. You can control everything in the room from that panel - room temperature, every single light, telephone and even have background music!

There was even a 80 square foot walk-in closet! It would be nice to have if I were staying for a month but the regular sliding door closet was enough for our weekend stay.

The location is good if you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. There are still a lot of things to do around the area - lots of restaurants and the Disney Aulani Resort is right next door with more restaurants and shops.

Ihilani was the perfect vacation for us. We live on Oahu but felt like we were transported to a totally different place. It's secluded from the rest of the world so you're able to relax and truly enjoy your tropical vacation!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Fantastic hotel. I would highly recommend an ocean view on the 17th floor. It was worth it! Loved the lagoon. It was just my husband and I (left kids at home). I usually prefer pools but the beach area here was wonderful. It is a perfect location for families as well. Kids did not bother us at all as there are plenty of options and room. Staff were friendly, try the ice cream shop and restaurant in the mall down the street as well. Hotel food was great. Manager at the Italian restaurant was a little slimy- it was a quiet night and he was busy hitting on a tipsy girl at the table over. Our waitress was fantastic and it just made for good entertainment. We also stayed on the other side, close to Waikiki beach. Loved this much more. Had some spa services as well and the staff there was fantastic. Gave my husband a pass to use as well, since they were quiet. That worked out great as we checked out and had a late flight- so could stay at beach and then went to spa to shower and get ready. I recommend the reflexology and the traditional Hawaiian massage- completely relaxed! I would go back here in an instant! LOVED IT!

Room Tip: ocean view, top floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

BEST Hotel i ever been! LUxuary, beautiful, clean, with the best room i could have ever dreamt about in my whole life! very modern classy and see view. Every single details were perfect! staff SO nice, food delicious, swimming pool perfectly clean, and beach wonderfull. A BEAUTIFUL perfect hotel.

Room Tip: room with see view is O MY GOD BEAUTIFUL
McGregor, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Before attending a conference in crowded Waikiki, we decided to try this secluded Marriott for a few nights and was I glad we did!! Perfect lagoons and hotel grounds, beautiful rooms with large balconies, good food and drinks, nice staffers, etc! We were so disappointed to have to leave this oasis and spend the rest of the week in busy Waikiki. This JW Marriott was top-notch. I will return! Worth the spendy cabride for sure, no doubt it's a relaxing perfect retreat!!

• Stayed February 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Wow...it's been a couple of years since I stayed here and the excellence of the staff, concierge team (thank you Sandi !) and the restaurants & bars was simply the best. Everyone was so welcoming and accommodating. My mom and I were there over the SuperBowl weekend and the outdoor pool bar had set up additional TVs, had drink & food specials and a full house. We had so much fun that day and loved the Fish Tacos with homemade tropical salsa. The Lava Flows and Coronas flowed as well !

Our room was so high tech that I had difficulty with the lights and the TV. I was worried that the engineering staff was going to revolt from my numerous calls but they never did seem to mind!

The views from this hotel are beyond perfection - the gorgeous lagoons and the beautiful water were gorgeous. I was even able to train for my triathlons by swimming in the lagoon - sure beats the boring swimming pools back home!

Our room had two balconies with breathtaking views of the ocean - hard to pull myself away.

Room Tip: ocean view a must - the tranquility makes it worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

As elite Marriott Rewards members were were upgraded to an ocean view room for our Jan 4-8 2013 stay. Upon entry to our room we both were really blown away by the view, the size of the Lanai, and the quality of the room. With the upgrade we knew we were off to a great start!
This JW has some nice touches and definately a luxury property, however the grounds are not expansive nor is the lobby outstanding. It is simply nice and understated. The pool is small and elegant as well. If you love over the top poolscapes this is not the place for you! I really appreciated the modern ABC store just a 5 minute walk away where I could pick up sandwiches, soups, etc, as the restaurants at the hotels were very pricey. The lagoons were nice and great for calm easy swimming. Some of the problems with this property is the close proximity of the Disney property. Micki led pool games for the kiddos at 3:00pm over the PA system and that was generally followed by a band. I had to wear earplugs on the Lanai in order to read. Also, the general area of this resort area is not all that pretty. Ko Olina is an encapsulated resort property and very pretty, but just outside the gates is desolate, dry, and generally opposite of lush tropical Hawaii beauty. I decided on this property because we didn't want to stay in Wakiki but wanted an upscale experience close to Pearl Harbor and airport. This fits the bill. Would I spend 500/night? Probably not. But with points it was definately the right choice for us!

Room Tip: If ocean view is important, go for it, but beware that it will be loud at times. The mountain vew r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!