Really, this is just a lovely place. Stayed here after a few days at the Marriott in Waikiki (wife had a conference). Very quiet. We came in the off season (week before Thanskgiving) so there were not many guests and a small amount of minor construction (refurb of several outdoor areas). The Disney hotel Aulani is having some additions put on but it was far enough away not to bother. The Ihilani hotel is located on the western side of Oahu in a large gated PUD across from the Kapolei industrial district (maybe 3-4 miles away) to the east. The resort area consists of several hotels and wedding chapels on four lagoons with a golf course, marina, time shares, single family residences and condos.
Fair warning - I'm Marriott gold so YMMV with respect to accomodations.
Check in was very easy "Here's the car keys, bra'" and the room was exquisite. Sliding louvered panels over the glass dores so we could adjust to get just the right breeze. What a view (see pics). The Ihilani itself has a pool and is on the lagoon. The second lagoon over is relatively empty - no resort there yet. Wife saw a large turtle there on the last day. Did I mention the views? The lanai was heaven for morning coffee and evening wine. Staff was extremely helpful.
Did not get to try the Paradise Cove Luau next door (out the front on the left - easy walk) - maybe next time. Did eat at the main restaurant Naupaka Terrace for the Saturday buffett. Mahi cooked to order - I'm done. Ok - three times and I'm done.
Yeah - we'll be back.
You need a car - car rentals are not that much. There's a taco restaurant just out of the resort but nothing else within walking distance. Otherwise, be prepared for some expensive food. It's good, but I personally can't take all the rich food 3x a day.
Car self parking was $25 a nite for me. Let the valet park your car the first nite and before 10 pm, go down and self park it (just get the keys from the valet, no need to move the car).
Snorkel gear from the Ihilani stand at the lagoon is free for guests - just ask.
Check the activities - wife went to the "feed the fish" thing and saw lot's of tropical fish and got advice on where to snorkel. Staff is just outstanding.
There are lagoons inside the hotel area with sharks and rays. Talk to the animal husbandry expert on site. She feeds them and cleans the lagoons and is quite knowledgable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina is an oceanfront hotel that overlooks one of four beach coves. AAA Four Diamond rating with spacious guest rooms and lanais located on the western shore of Oahu. Guests enjoy on the on-site spa, sumptuous dining options and the championship Ko Olina Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Ihilani Hotel Kapolei
- Jw Marriott Ihilani Resort
- Marriott Kapolei
- Kapolei Marriott
- Jw Marriott Oahu
- Ihilani Resort & Spa At Ko Olina Hawaii/Oahu