“Good food but pricey!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Waialua, Hawaii
“Good food but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I went there at noon and they were very busy. The staff were friendly and the food came out quickly. I ordered the French dip and it was very tasty but a little pricey for a sandwich with no side. $10.
I would probably go back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vicenza, Italy
“Decent pizza, a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had the super combo pizza which was tasty and the small is enough for two adults. Overall I enjoy the pizza parlor atmosphere as it reminded me of the ones from youth. The only downside is the pizza is a bit pricey with (small was $18).

But then again it's quality pizza that beats delivery hands down.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“No Brick Oven at Brick Oven Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Brick Oven Pizza is located in the City of Kapolei, which is a few minutes drive from Ko Olina. It's also part of a small local chain by the same name originating on Kauai. Going in, I knew from other eviews that there is no brick oven at Brick Oven Pizza (misleading right?). They use standard, stainless steel pizza ovens. But, I wasn't about to let that color my judgement.

The atmosphere here is very loud. It has a faux brick look all throughout and a very sports bar type feel with multiple TVs all around and a bar. Service here is decent enough, but somewhat slow. They do seem to be a bit understaffed.

So hows the food? To start, we ordered the garlic bread with cheese, because everyone gushes about it. Honestly, I don't see why. The bread was unremarkable (not even artisan type) and was drenched in butter with WAY TOO MUCH cheese and nor garlic flavor at all.

Following the garlic bread with cheese, we ordered a Brick Oven Super Pizza. And super it was! It was literally COVERED with toppings. I can't remember exactly what was on it, but I do remember there was pepperoni, italian sausage, Portuguese Sausage (Linguica), and Salami. The sauce was ok, though a little sweet. The toppings were of good quality, though there was so much, that the pizza sagged quite a bit, even though the crust was quite sturdy. The curst was, however, good. It was thin and crisp. I know this isn't an authentic type of pizza, but for non-authentic stuff, it is quite good.

Despite being stuffed, we also ordered a dessert pizza. Ours was a standard pizza crust covered in cream cheese and dusted with a healthy amount of cinnamon sugar. It was actually pretty good!

Would I come back? Maybe. I admit, it was a bit pricy, but had pretty good food. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here, but is a good option if you're in Kapolei.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good Pizza in Kapolei”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Tried the place out on a Friday for a late lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they had some pretty decent lunch specials. I had a large pizza with their homemade sausage and it was pretty legit. The only complaint I have is minor and it is solely my own preference, they use corn meal on the base of the crust to keep it from sticking. Being from the east coast I prefer the flour method instead but not a deal breaker. They also seemed to have a decent daily happy hour and buffet nights on Mondays and Thursdays although I dont know how good they are. I usually would drive to Aiea for Boston's but BOP will definitely be considered too.

St. John's, Canada
“So bad I started a TA account”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Arrived here after not wanting to drive to town. Horrible service, pizza tasted bad and forgot our wings and our server changed 3 times. Waited an entire hour and 30 minutes for someone to take our order or say hi. Table next too us got their pizza 10 minutes before (group of 8) while we arrived 20 minutes before. Wouldn't do again.