“Enjoyable & good food/drink!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic luau setting
Galesburg, Illinois
“Enjoyable & good food/drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

After much research we chose Germaine's luau. Transportation from Waikiki area is included, and that is a huge plus! Entertainment was great & interactive. Food was very good! Drinks were strong & not watered down like some venues. Show was a bit long, but would rather have that than too short! Beautiful private beach area, too! Well organized, great show!

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Too Good To Miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

It's an experience! This was my third time visiting, but with first time visiting friends! While the food is average, except for the main item ( the pork), it's the location, atmosphere and the show that make it a must not miss attraction.
Definitely recommend it, though I am ready to try a different luau next time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mont Belvieu, Texas
“Fun for the whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time in Hawaii so my wife wanted me to experience a luau and Germaine's doesn't disappoint. Any seat in the place is good and the whole experience is geared towards family, so bring the kids. The food is pretty good and the show will keep everyone's attention, especially when the fire guy comes out to do his thing. You can drive out or book with a tour company and have the luau's bus pick you up near your hotel.

Visited July 2014
Kingman, Arizona
“Way more fun than anticipated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We chose Germaine’s for the following reasons: They were open on Mondays, they were close to the condo, they only have one price point (first come, first serve and I knew we could beat the buses there) and I had a 25% off coupon from the Hawaii Entertainment book. The book cost me $10 and saved us $40.00 on the Luau so a total $30.00 savings. I found the staff really friendly, even though they were still kind of setting up when we arrived. We got great seats, even though one of us had to stay there to keep them (shared this duty with our new found friends across the table). This was an activity I wasn’t really sold on doing because of the cost but hubby wanted to and we ended up having a really good time. That may have been because hubby was DD so I got his drink tickets but it really was just a laid-back fun time. I think some people take it too seriously. It got off to a slow start with not much happening until after we got our food but then the show picked up. All of the dancers were fairly young and maybe not so “professional” but I have a teenage son so I found it quite endearing. I can’t imagine they’re paid enough to be too serious. The costumes were really beautiful. Surprisingly, the food was better than expected (I’m no stranger to Hawaiian standard fare). Dessert could have been better but dessert in my favorite part of any mean so I’m not a fair judge. Drinks seemed strong enough but I don’t really have much of a tolerance. Overall, a fun experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mesa
“A great Hawaiian Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my mom, it was both of our first times going to a luau and I am very happy we chose this one. They take you through the tradition of the cooking of the pig and all the different dances of the different islands. The dancers and musicians are very talented! The food was really good as well. The lines for the buffet were a bit long but the staff try to manage them as much as possible. We chose to drive out versus taking a tour bus. Parking was very easy and allowed us to get to the show early and great seats. My favorite part were the Samoan dances!

Visited July 2014