“Wedding in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Get Your 4th Night Free!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Kapolei
“Wedding in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My family who are DVC members travelled from NYC to Aulani for a week for my husband and my wedding this past February. We were super impressed. My husband loved going in the Infiniti whirlpool every night and we went to the buffet dinner after our wedding on the beach in Waikiki. We stayed in a studio which was plenty of room for the two of us. It had a small balcony that overlooked the stage so we could watch the Starlite Hui show. We did rent a car which is really the only reasonable way to venture off the property since the closest bus stop is on the highway a mile away. The traffic on H1 is an utter nightmare even for a NYC driver. But that didn't damper our honeymoon. I think for families with small kids however you could easily spend 5-7 days on property going in the pool and the beach and walking across the street to the small shopping center that has a few restaurants, shops, and Ice cream parlor. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013

1,752 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
Sunnyvale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We loved our trip to Aulani last year. It was a wonderful experience. Everyone was super friendly and the grounds are amazing. It is pricey, but that is to be expected. VERY kid friendly. We went with a 2 year old and he had the best time ever. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

It's gorgeous, the staff, food, and rooms are great. Ive never been treated better during travel. We joined DVC 16 years ago. So we are not traveling with young children any longer, like everyone eventually. The bars close at 9pm so we can't get drinks and hear some live music after dinner. They fire up the pool music at 7am. It would be great if there was an adult pool and at least one bar staying open for the grown ups. Another nice touch would be misters on the concrete so as not to burn your feet going from beach to pool to lazy river etc. While everything overall is superb the management needs to remember their long time child members are all grown up and need some night time fun. Mahalo.

• Stayed May 2013
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We went for one night sans kids and had a wonderful time! Would definitely recommend anyone go if they can manage it! Ko Olina beach is beautiful, the man made reef was a great time. The rooms were spacious, resort and pool pristine, and food up to par. I definitely would recommend the Character breakfast buffet if you have little ones and the Photo Pass was a great idea! We really appreciated the lounge that was available for those staying to use the amenities after check out. It was like a spa lounge in itself! Great time well worth the price! It would have been even more worthwhile with kids because they had activities for them throughout the day (for both kids and teens!). Definitely reserve spots for activities and the Character Breakfast in advance though as they go fast!

• Stayed May 2013
Titus, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family and I spent the best vacation of our lives at Disney Aulani. From check-in to check-out, the hotel staff provided top level service. The rooms were well appointed, the bathrooms were spacious and the rooms were serviced by housekeeping twice per day. The activities included watersides (2), hot pools (4), a large swimming pool, a kiddie pool area with a kiddie slide, a lazy river tube float, kiddie activities and character photo pops, nighttime free movies on the lawn and a large ocean lagoon with plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas. The hotel is located within a beautiful gated community in West Oahu. There are two restaurants and two snack bars at the hotel and several restaurants within walking distance, including Roy's. The only thing I did not like about the hotel was the $35 per day guest parking. The hotel is located 15 miles West of the Honolulu airport.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I normally don't like to pay a very high room rate per night but I found a good deal to give Aulani a try. I visited Aulani on a prior trip to Oahu and was impressed by the deco and the water attraction for kids. i decided to try something different from Fairmont-Wailea/Maui which is my go-to. NO resort fees a plus. tying my credit card to my room key is super convenient so my wallet stayed in the room safe. Aunties Beach House is super locked down (GPS on my kids). As suspected this resort is super toddler/kid friendly. continuous activities and I didn't have to leave the resort for my five day stay other than to take a daily drive to Kapolei to shop for food and bring it back. or visiting the shopping center; short walk across the street. i didn't try any restaurants because of other tripadvisor reviews other than snacking at the shave ice stand or grabbing fries and snacks. highly recommended if you can lock down a deal ( I recommend $349 night poolside garden view). anything more i would say is getting to the pricey side though the service is phenomenal and the access to pool, slides, river, and beach is much better than Grand Wailea in Maui where it felt like a trek because of the larger footprint. Aulani is sized just right to walk about without sweating it out. thick windows and doors kept the noise level down because of the constant daily entertainment taking place.

Room Tip: poolside garden view is a must.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Newport, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Wow. Don't go expecting Disney service. As a huge Disney fan, I was sincerely disappointed.

The place is absolutely stunning, of course. Excellent styling and attention to detail. Beautiful rooms, stellar water park in the middle (slides, lazy rivers, etc), and out front - a private cove beach shared with only a couple of other places. Very nice.

However, we sat down for drinks and snacks at the Off The Hook bar around 3:30pm (apparently, at that time of day, it's the ONLY option). WORST SERVICE OF OUR ENTIRE TRIP to Hawaii. Seriously.

Let me preface what I'm about to say by telling you, I've waited tables, so I'm generally super friendly and super forgiving to wait staff. But here - from the moment I entered (smiling, friendly), the sour waitress acted unbelievably annoyed to be serving us. Like, we were seriously putting her out (there was hardly anyone else there). She disappeared for long lengths of time. Forgot items. Once she just took off while I was in the middle of asking for something.

At one point my friend asked for another drink. We actually saw the bartender make it and set it out for the waitress, then we watched (in a combination of amusement and annoyance) as that drink sat there on the bar for a good 15 minutes or so, while our waitress and several other staff members sat in the corner and chatted with one another. When we finally asked if we could just come over and get the drink ourselves, the bartender brought it over - the waitress did not budge. She just watched him do it and rolled her eyes.

This wasn't merely bad service "for Disney", it was just plain BAD SERVICE.

I'm not likely to return to Aulani. Pains me to say that, being a big Disney fan and all, but when I return to Oahu I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!