Let me start out by saying the resort is very pretty clean and well maintained. It is on a beautiful bay. With all of the water sports promised (sort of). The criticism of the food prices and limited choices are true, but you know that going into it. The rooms are nice definitely not amazing but clean and nice. Now the bad. Our flight was delayed almost 15 hours, requiring us to arrive in the middle of the night. I called ahead to make sure we would have not problems when checking in and I was told "Don't worry your vacation will start once you arrive, everything will be perfect" We arrived at 1am with my self, my husband and my two teenage children. I had booked a 1 room with two queen beds. Had the paperwork to prove it. They showed us to a room with 1 king bed. I called down and said this is not going to work and was told " our computers our down, this is all we have let the kids sleep on the floor" Seriously for 500+ per night no I am sorry no nothing. We went to reception where I was told they computers would be down for another hour and if I wanted they could start moving furniture and give me a blow up mattress. There was no way that was going to fit in the room and again...this is a luxury resort not a days inn. This fight continued for about an hour till she agreed to give us an "upgrade" to an ocean facing room with 2 queen beds. The "upgrade" was on the second floor and over the restaurant facing some tables not an ocean but I was just happy to have two beds. We were woken bright an early every morning of our stay by the restaurant noise. Even the bellman commented that this was a downgrade not an upgrade. I spent a 1/2 hour with a manager the next day she was professional but did not offer to change our room or apologize just blamed the misunderstanding on corporate. The concierges were completely useless and just sent us from one area to the next to avoid having to research the best way to see Pearl Harbor and store our luggage prior to boarding our ship. They even suggested I google it. Over all I would say this is an embarrassment to the disney name!
- Also Known As:
- Aulani, a Disney Resort And Spa In Hawai`i
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa In Hawai`i Hotel
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa In Hawai`i Hotel Kapolei
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa Hawaii/Oahu
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels, Amex, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.