Wonderful NEW facility (loved the Kona Coffee in the Room too)
Beautiful beach and lagoon
Expensive (it's Disney so you already know that, or if you are a Japanese tourist it won't bother you, lol)
The pools were dominated by kids (so if you have/like kids its great..if not _____ )
I love the attention to authentic detail all around the resort and the incorporation of local influences. Well done on that account Disney.
GREAT kids programs (toddlers, tweens, and young teens)
The staff (especially Native Hawaiians) were simply amazing. It is wonderful and refreshing to see bright eyed and intelligent youngsters who are sincerely dedicated to the Disney Mission.
My suggestion to Disney:
1) Provide an adults only pool and hot tub
2) Secure the gate off the lagoon that leads into the resort (there should be a staffer there 24/7 because local riff raff seemed to be all over the water slides on the weekends. The reason I know this is because a group of 4 teen boys told me they lived 10mins away. They were a bit rowdy but at the end of the day they are just local kids having fun.. no harm done, but Disney needs to make sure that a precedent is set with the balance of allowing locals to the expectations of guests paying a pretty penny for that 'Disney' experience.
My suggestion to YOU:
Rent a car and explore the island
Support local markets and artisans.
Check out the North shore surfing beaches\
Drive the east coast
Snorkel Hanauma Bay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa In Hawai`i Hotel Kapolei
- Aulani, a Disney Resort And Spa In Hawai`i
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa Hawaii/Oahu