“Excellent food and beautiful venue” 5 of 5 stars

(808) 676-7697
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ko Olina Golf Club Roy's - Ko' Olina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rockport, Texas
“Excellent food and beautiful venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a really nice dinner here of macadamia nut crusted fish and the beef short ribs. The prix fixe menu is definitely the way to go. We ordered the wine separately. Sweet wines are served with the appetizer and dessert. Our waiter, Chad, was excellent and was very knowledgeable about the menu and wines. Everything was just perfect and as good as I remembered from 25 years ago when I went to Roy's first restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver
“Delightful Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I recently had dinner at Roy's at the Ko Olina Golf Course on Oahu. We ate outside overlooking the golf course so although it does not have an ocean view, the outlook is very pleasant.

Service was good and our waitperson was knowledgeable and very friendly but obtrusive.

Food was very good - I had the special which was a delicious fish dish sitting on a creamy and very tasty lobster sauced risotto. My husband also had a fish dish - a macadamia crusted fish which was also good but I thought mine was better. He had the three course fixed price dinner which was a good deal, keeping in mind how expensive food in good restaurants is in Hawaii. Mine was quite expensive.

As we are staying on the resort property, we wanted to find somewhere close by that had reliable good food and we certainly found that at Roy's and will be back during our stay.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunnyvale, California
“Hit the spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice spot, the food is what shines. The venue, in the clubhouse of the Ko Olina Country Club, is nothing special. The tables were well spaced, however, and it was relatively quiet.

The seared ahi was perfect, and the catch of the day special was good. Service was very professional.

Overall a very nice experience.

Visited November 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Good food but the decor does not match the restaurant reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We spent our last night in Oahu, Hawaii to dine at Roy's at Ko Olina Golf Club. We have heard a lot of positive review from our friends about other Roy's restaurants in the country and thus we had fairly high expectation. The hostess was very friendly and made us felt welcomed. The server was good but not outstanding. Once more guests arrived, we really did not get much attention from our server anymore. I ordered the set dinner which came with appetizer, entree and dessert. Overall, I enjoyed my selection and my food was nicely prepared. My wife ordered the half roaster and it was mediocre. We had a view of the golf course but the view was not specticular. The decor of the inside of the restaurant was somewhat blank and lacked atmosphere. It reminded me of large open hall. For the price we had to pay for our dinner, I think Roy's can pay more attention to the complete dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Best place in Ko'Olina for Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I had the absolutely best dinner and service at Roy's. If you're staying in Ko'Olina, this is not a place to miss. First, I have some recent and temporary dietary restricitons, and the server (#14...I thought his name would be on the receipt when I got back and it wasn't but he should be commended by his manager/owener)...I feel badly I don't remember his name, but he was the absolute best waiter we've ever had! He was gracious, accommodating and attentive. We sat outside and there's some great live music on Saturday nights to enjoy. We recommend sitting outside if at all possible even it means waiting for a table. We've been here many times and the food and service has always been great, but our waiter and the staff that supported him were fantastic. My husband had the prix fix menu with wine which is the way to go...it's really a great value for the islands and contains a good variety of excellent menu choices and well-thought out wine pairings. While I had issues eating the corn chowder because of some swelling of my esophagus, the few sips i had were absolutely wonderful...silky and flavorable. The food well-prepared, and asthetically pleasing. Roy's at Ko Olina embodies the Hawaiian hospitality from the moment you walk in until you leave...CANNOT recommend it enough. We'll be back. Thank you for absolutely wonderful evening. We were celebrating my husband's birthday during this trip and could not have been happier with our experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere