Because of the dispute between Owners/management, we departed concerned about what we were going to get when we arrived. The only negatives were the workout room was empty/locked as were the pool bathrooms. (Not a small thing however it didn't ruin our vacation either).
The grounds are fabulous. Pools, beach, ponds & gardens couldn't be more beautiful. The lagoons is thee best part. Filled with fish/turtles, its wonderful for snorkeling. There are no loungers at the beach (like there are at the other lagoons) but there are several grass umbrellas for shade. We brought a cooler down filled with water/snacks. There is a walking path that connects all the lagoons that is postcard picturesque!! At one end we found the Black Pearl docked (from the Disney movie) & the other end is a deserted beach that is breathtaking! The pool bar is only open from 2:30-5:30 ~ I'm not sure why the limited hours. However there are 4 BBQ's to use, which are cleaned regularly; it's quite a hike from the Ocean Tower but we bought steaks at Costco & used them - it was great.
These villas have a much much quieter atmosphere then the Marriotts. The Disney htl will share a lagoon with the Marriott Hotel. I believe that beach with be seriously OVER crowded!
Our condo (3bdrm/2.5 bath) was in the Ocean Tower, 7th flr. The semi-private elevators were great = never had to wait for one. The unit itself was clean & beautiful. Our Owner (CQ #702) offered extra kitchen supplies/staples plus beach towels, chairs & varies beach toys. It was a definite plus w/ kids!! The balcony is huge and offers wonderful views but there isn't a lot of privacy due to the shape of the building.
The location is "up & coming". Not many restaurants unless you drive 10 minutes. We found that the weather was better on this side of the island, while in Honolulu it would be raining. Pearl Harbor was 20 mins. away. The airport was about a 1/2 hour. A rental car is a MUST.
If you're looking for a relaxing family vacation then this is the place!!! If you, or your kids like A LOT of activities (i.e.beach bars/restaurants/bands, water sports) then I would suggest the Marriott Villas but be prepared to pay more for it!
- Also Known As:
- Ko Olina Beach Villas Hotel
- Ko Olina Beach Villas Hotel Kapolei
- Ko Olina Beach Villas Resort Hawaii/Oahu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the peace and tranquility of our Ko Olina Beach Villa. With four breathtaking lagoon beaches right outside our property and numerous beautifully landscaped pools and hot tubs on our grounds, as well as championship golf courses across the way you are sure to lose yourself in the relaxed sunshine of Ko Olina. Our suite features three bedrooms and three baths, Gourmet Kitchen designed by Chef Roy Yamaguchi, Flatscreen TV with Cable in every bedroom and in the living room, free wireless internet, large lanai with floor to ceiling sliding glass walls and top of the line Southeast Asian inspired furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Ko Olina Beach Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.