“Overrated, overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Weirton, West Virginia
“Overrated, overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We ate here with our two children ages 3 1/2 and 1. We were seated right next to the water feature. Our waiter, as well as other staff members, made us feel like we were being watched. It made me feel uncomfortable because I felt like they were watching us because of our children (our 1 year old is that child that wants it his way or no way, so he was fussing). When my 1 year old spilled the ranch that came with his chicken fingers, the waiter watched it happen. He watched as I used my cloth napkin to try to clean it up. He walked by three times and looked at the ranch that was still on the table because the cocktail napkins we had on the table weren't enough to clean it up. Finally, we stopped him and he says "Ya, I see he made a little mess" (something to that effect) and brought more little tiny cocktail napkins to try to clean it up. You saw it when it happened!!!! He should have ran over with a cloth to clean it up! But that wasn't the problem. The steaks were mediocre. They were overpriced, flavorless and no better than the ones we had a couple of days later at a place referencing Australia. Actually, that place had better tasting steak. Chuck's is way overpriced. The staff is awkward and needs better training. Save your money. Go to the other place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Mediocre Steakhouse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at many Marriott hotels over the years I have come to expect a higher level of food quality than what is offered at Chuck's. For a high priced steakhouse I was surprised that they still did a self-service salad bar. The salad was fresh but I prefer to have my food brought to me for $40 a plate. I had the Ono fish and quite honestly it was dry and I didn't eat much of it which then led me to order dessert to fill the void. That was a mistake. We ordered the leach cobbler and the lava cake. I would bet my timeshare that both were just warmed in a microwave and served, they were horrible.

Visited January 2014
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Order meat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Located on the grounds of the Marriott Ko'olina Beach Club, it's convenient though they don't take reservations. The happy hour mai tais were terribly weak (5 bucks) and the 2nd round was terribly strong-like heavy on the dark rum. But for 5 bucks. The fish dishes we ordered were fine just below Roy's, Ama, and Monkeypod. Service was excellent with a server who recognized we were going to dine leisurely and asked us to simply move the dessert menu sideways and he would come immediately, otherwise leaving us alone... WONDERFUL! The salad bar was OK... we saw many people enjoying red meat. I'd try a steak next time.

Visited January 2014
Calgary, Canada
“GREAT FOOD BUT PRICEY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you are looking for a place that has a great atmosphere in a wonderful location.

Count on about 75-100.00 per person with drinks.

The food was spectacular with large portions.

We had the calamari steak which was encrusted with nuts and lightly breaded ( more of a steak type if you are used to having the body rather than the tentacles) it was spectacular.

Had fish for the main course ( they had a purple sweet potato which was unbelievably good if they have it order it as your side) which you can get prepared a couple of ways. We had a bottle of wine and an the third person had a drink we did not have deserts and our bill was $192.00 with the tip.

Included with each meal is a nice salad bar which was not over the top had the right stuff. The portions are large here so have a appetite before you go.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, California
“Pretty surroundings very average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Disappointed in the food quality of main courses. Salad bar is their signature thing, and was very good. The main courses feel like defrosted frozen food, with a choice of preparations.

The service is prompt and courteous. Very pleasant...

So, great setting, service, ambiance... Mediocre food at a price high for what you get.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere