“Worst Vacation Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Paradise Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaneohe
Aloha Paradise Inn
Save Saved
You added Aloha Paradise Inn to your Saves list
44-633 Kaneohe Bay Drive, Kaneohe, Oahu, HI   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Kaneohe B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Worst Vacation Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Worst Vacation Ever --owner's cats tried entering our unit several times - no fire extinguisher in kitchen--not enough parking for amount of units with cars- parking area NOT LIT -outside steps NOT LIT -I slipped on 1st step in dark--leaving parking area --taking life in own hands -on 2 blind curves--had to get a ride to hospital at 5am because of being BLOCKED IN to be with adopted daughter to have her baby -was reason went to Hawaii. Kitchen smelled - unit NOT CLEAN- couldn't sit on balcony on Friday night after 10pm and talk (2 people not a party). OH and last but least -owner rented out 1 bedroom in our unit. -- they had to enter and leave with sliders --I hope they couldn't enter my unit but DON'T KNOW--nothing missing.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed in one of the units, enjoyed the beautiful bay and the nice garden. the rooms were quite spacious and fully furnished. we had all we needed. the landlady was very friendly and helpful. she took us to the local market and guided us to local restaurants and places of interest. She turned to a friend in the few days we stayed at her home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Aloha Paradise Inn is backed up to a beautiful bay and has an awesome view. The Inn is a huge house and the apartments within are VERY spacious for a family. Some units have a/c; ours did not but the 3 ceiling fans kept us cool enough. Having access to the kayaks, boogie boards, beach chairs and towels was great. There is a beautiful beach within a 10 minutes drive: Kailua Beach Park . The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The only concern I had was that the owner came into our unit while we were gone to pull down blinds and turn on fans. While it was a nice gesture, it would have been nice to know if she was coming in. Again, she and her maintenance man, David, were very helpful and kind. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Provo, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The grounds keeper David was awesome. He deserves big tips. However, besides that there was little privacy and I felt I needed to tiptoe around. If you leave the AC on in the rooms she will come in and turn it off and let you know that it will cost you your deposit. It's not worth it to be worried during your own vacation...you come to Hawaii to relax! Parking was also inconvenient and difficult to get in and out. They did have some kayaks though that were fun to take out. I would not recommend this place, there are plenty of other locations out there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed for 8 nights and had a wonderful time! We had plenty of room, all the comforts of home with a beautiful view of Kaneohe Bay and the mountains! The place was very clean and well equipped for cooking or grilling. Close to beautiful beach and central to so much on the island. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We would highly recommend for your next stay on Oahu! I know we'll be back! Parking is tight, but just fine if you have just one car!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

For my neice's graduation I decided to give her a trip to Hawaii, someplace that would be spectacular and she would never forget. Also brought along my sister, sister-in-law, and mother to make it a girls trip. I had been to the Aloha Paradise Inn 7 years ago and imagine my surprise when I noticed the view from the balcony and was able to obtain the same suite I had stayed in before. The White Ginger is glorious with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (really great for five women) and Harriet goes above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. The greatest part about this place is the boogey boards, umbrellas, coolers, full kitchen and gorgeous views are all included in the price. This was my second trip to this inn and I will definitely be back. It is quiet, spacious, and the snorkeling off the back yard is great! Aslo just ask David to climb up a tree and get you a fresh coconut or fruit, it was yummy! We all agreed that a once in a lifetime girls trip is definitely meant to be repeated with the entire family!

Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was my second trip to this side of the island. The first time around we went all out and spent thousands for a house right on the beach at Kailua. This time we didn't plan to spend much time at our lodgings so went with something MUCH less expensive.

We were in the White Ginger Suite and a prior reviewer mentions the lack of privacy caused by the fish tank and how the rooms are laid out. I heard while we are there that Harriet plans to put up some kind of curtain over the fish tank so noise may still be an issue but at least you won't have to worry about accidentally flashing anyone. they were also putting in a stove / oven in the Red Ginger while we were there.

I thought the place could have been cleaner but there were certainly tons of towels, big closets and plenty of hangers. Harriet stopped by a few times to make sure we were doing ok but never came in uninvited. The washer and dryer are old and I was a little offended by the sign asking for three dollars per load but I did put money in the cup. The plastic table on the patio had seen better days and I was a little afraid my wine glass was going to fall over on the uneven surface but what a great place to sit and enjoy the view over the bay.

Yes parking was an issue. There is parking on a side street 5 mins away if you need more than one car. We didn't have that much trouble making a right or a left onto the road out front but maybe that is because July is the off season.

There are tons of things to do within and hour drive so this is a good base. Don't come expecting luxury and your expectations will be met.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Aloha Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!