“Perfect introduction to Hawaii!” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   47039 Lihikai Drive, Kaneohe, Oahu, HI 96744   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kaneohe
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Perfect introduction to Hawaii!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently moved to Hawaii, and we stayed at paradise bay resort for about a month until we found a house. The staff was amazing! Everyone, housekeepers, desk staff, and management made us feel welcome and appreciated. They were all knowledgeable and helpful and we would have been absolutely lost if not for their wisdom and advice!

The hotel is nestled in a neighborhood, and to my surprise, the locals were extremely friendly and welcoming too!

Whether you're planning a 4 day or a 4 week stay, this is the perfect place!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights. Our room was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. Although it being small, still a great place to lay our heads at night. The staff were very polite and helpful when we needed anything. The breakfast and coffee were very satisfying and filling. I would definately come back.

• Stayed February 2014
Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel area is very nice, with buildings spread around the property. There are kayaks for the guests with easy access to a bay with really beautiful views. The rooms are OK, with a small kitchenette and all facilities. The disadvantage of the basic rooms is that they have no view and are a little bit tight. Breakfast on the other hand offers a great view of the mountains. However, the food is rather low quality and there is not so much choice. Location is very convenient for sightseeing of the East Coast, shopping around Kanehoe with Honolulu also quite easily reachable. Overall, OK choice.

Room Tip: Better pay for the higher class to have nicer views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve R, General Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Aloha! Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We do our best to explain at booking about our different room and view categories; each room is unique here. For guests that plan to spend a lot of time at the resort, and make use of their lanai and enjoy the views we definitely recommend our higher category of room. However, we do know that many guests spend most of their days out exploring, either with one of our kayaks, on one of our guided tours in the area, or on their own in a rental car. They often find staying in a lower category room is fine, and enjoy the views from our breakfast area, or on our floating docks. We are making some changes to our breakfast menu, and also adding at least one more dinner night of the week as well. My Team joins me in hoping you come back and visit us at Paradise Bay Resort. Mahalo!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I LOVED this place, but if you are a stuck-up, must have all things cleaned at all times with expensive, faux, poorly made but somehow ascetically pleasing to the masses taste, don't come! We had a room right on the water and it IS MURKY - it is a BAY, and lovely: a canal connects the bay to the houses there and the mangroves have their roots all around you. The snorkeling trip was perfect and the dance performance made me so happy as a retired professional dancer, a little rough at times, and that is better than over produced poo! In the morning you can sit on the deck (they call it a lanai there) and listen to the very loud birds. If you do not like nature DON'T COME! I myself LOVED IT! I LOVED ALL OF IT. If you do come know that the only good food we found was at the Poi Factory up the street on 83. The place is so relaxing and close to some of the best beaches Hawaii has. Bed was wonderful and I don't use AC, especially in a place as temperate as Hawaii. I also never have housecleaning even when I stay for 4 days or more, really, I know how to clean up after myself and lets save some resources people….

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The photos shown on Paradise Bay's website are from the most expensive rooms. We paid over $200 a night for a studio which seemed reasonable but I was disappointed that we had no view. We did have a small table set amongst beautiful trees and plants. The studio had a full-sized refrigerator, a two-burner 'stove , sink and all the rest you'd expect to find in a kitchenette. We stayed five nights and were satisfied with service to the room. The first surprise was a lovely lanai for breakfasts with a variety of food to suit most tastes. I tried the turkey bacon and vegan sausage and found them to be very good. Of course the papaya and pineapple were abundant. They provided coffee and tea beginning at 6:00am and it was really beautiful sitting there watching the mountains across the bay become more and more distinct and listening to the loud morning calls of the birds. I loved that. The second surprise was how enjoyable was the mai'tai-music-fire-hula presented (for $25) one of the evenings. Lots of hors d'oeuvres (some better than others but many to choose from), plentiful mai-tais, and a personable male singer who also kept us entertained with his good humor. Then we went down to the floating dock where a fierce but equally funny native Hawaiian chief-to-be presented us with an impressive fire show and also made us all laugh and have a good time. In the interim a beautiful young woman did a hula and then told us about one of the native plants and how important it is to her culture. All-in-all well worth more than $25. Another beautiful surprise was sitting on the floating dock around 6:15pm as the sun set looking out across the bay at Chinaman's Hat and listening to the incessant and enchanting raucous of the birds as they began quieting down for the night. So the odds and ends were really really nice but the resort is overpriced in my opinion. We did some grocery shopping but ended up going north to Haleiwa each day and eating there as it was a nice drive and we found we liked the north shore better than the Kaneohe and Kailua areas. The Paradise Bay Resort seems to be the only place to stay on that side of the island that isn't a room in someone's home. I hope I'm wrong. There should be options. I recommend the resort but only if the objections are not a problem. I would imagine if you wanted to spend a lot more you would get a view of the bay as in the resort's photos.

Room Tip: We were in Room 21, a studio.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was looking for a quiet pleasant place to spend 2 days between very long flights from Asia to mainland U.S. This is it! Staff very knowledgeable and helpful. A low key place on an inlet leading to Kaneohe Bay, where you can just sign out a snorkel outfit (first class!) and kayak for the day. Pretty pool. Everything tastefully appointed and CLEAN! Very complete kitchen (just missing conventional oven). Fine breakfast buffet. Dinner served only on Wednesday was affordable and good. There are no extra services (no all day cafe or shop) but I didn't need them. I would stay here again. Other guests pleasant (no rowdies!). Families find they can meet here, there are so many units. My studio was a very large room; I had a balcony with gorgeous view of mountains.

Room Tip: Get a balcony and/or view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband, baby son, and I went to Oahu for a work conference/family vacation in early November. My husband's job paid for 2 days of our lodging, and chose Paradise Bay Resort because it was close to where we needed to be. We called the resort to book one additional night and were quoted a price of $180. We tried to pay over the phone, but we were told that wasn't possible. The night before we arrived, we called to confirm and again tried to pay, but were denied.
Well when we checked in, the price magically changed to $280/night. And surprise, there is a $25/day resort fee, which is not mentioned or charged when you book the room. We tried explaining how we were quoted $180, but weren't allowed to pay over the phone, but they didn't care. So once we paid the higher price, taxes, and resort fees for the days work paid for, it came to almost $500 for one night.
We tried to keep a good attitude. The grounds are nice and the room seemed ok at first, although it smelled incredibly musty. There was construction happening in the room next door and we soon realized we were underneath the dining area, which was set up early in the morning, so it was very noisy.
I'm not sure what exactly the resort fee covered. Breakfast was stale carbohydrates, fake eggs, and vegan sausage...? Paddleboards were $35 if you wanted to use them. The pool had one floodlight that went on for about 10 seconds, then you were in total blackness. The hot tub was barely warm and filthy!
Because they are an "ecolodge", there is only maid service on Monday, Wed, and Fri. If they just didn't want to change the linens, I might buy the Eco thing. But there is no reason not to empty the trash or sweep the room. After no housekeeping on Sunday, I made sure we were gone on Mon so they could clean. We got back that evening, and guess what? Still no maid service. When my husband had to take our trash to the front desk and complain, they said they would send someone the next day.
All in all, I felt this place was trying to charge resort prices, while not even providing the most basic of services you get at a bargain hotel. I would definitely avoid at all costs.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii? Share your experiences!