“A piece of heaven in kaneohe” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   47039 Lihikai Drive, Kaneohe, Oahu, HI 96744   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kaneohe
Haleiwa, Hawaii, United States
“A piece of heaven in kaneohe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I recently stayed at the Paradise Bay Resort. Upon mine and my husbands arrival, we were greeted by kind attentive staff and a cool breeze accomonaied by tradiotional island music. Our room was modern yet true to a Hawaiian style. We were lavished in amazing linens, a beautiful view, and fresh air blowing through the room. This resort also accomodated my pets as if they were human guests. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool as well as mojito night and the boat cruise. This resort is centrally located and we found it easy to navigate around the island. Tops staying in noisy, over crowded Waikiki. The owners Stephanie and David Ryan could not have been more accomodating. We will be booking again here soon. Mahalo!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Aloha Abigail!
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Paradise Bay Resort! We are glad you got to bring your pet to accompany you during your stay, we love animals and we treat them like family! We hope you can return to the resort sometime soon! Mahalo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Haleiwa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This place is so magic. What impressed me most were the hard wood floors, and fine quality linens. Nothing is better than crisp fresh sheets to tuck you in. The location has amazing views. It is a great retreat spot for an artist. I would come back and bring my friends.

Room Tip: Choose a waterfront bungalow they are the coolest.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Aloha! Mahalo for your review, we are very glad you enjoyed our room upgrades and new furnishings. We are a great spot for spiritual, yoga, and art retreats expecially because we are tucked away from it all on the Windward coast of Oahu! We hope you can return again with your friends. A hui hou kakou malama pono!
Apache Junction, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I really did like this place...They are remodeling all the rooms/cabins so sometimes the construction is in the way, but all in all, we loved it....Very quiet and beautiful; very nice staff who took the time to answer all of our questions about the area. Our rooms were very nice and also very clean. I would definitely go back

Aloha,
Thank you so much for joining us during your Hawaiian vacation! Our suite and resort renovations are complete and the resort looks amazing! We have added new floors, kitchens, and furnishings to all of our suites, as well as replenishing our lush tropical landscaping. I hope that you get to return to our hidden Paradise soon to see all of our changes. A Hui Hou!!
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I live on island, but wanted a break and decided to go to a resort for the weekend with our 6 month old baby, 6 year old American Bulldog and another couple. We booked a 2 bedroom room. The resort was advertising dogs were free for the month of September, but a dog room cost $175 a night ($209 after taxes) rather than the advertised price at $145. They explained to us, even though pets are free, the pet room itself (same layout and size as a regular room) cost $30 more. We decided to book it anyways. When we arrived the "resort" looked like a motel. It was located in in a residential area wedged between houses.

When we checked in and saw our room, we were disappointed to see how small and dusty the room was. The king sized beds were twin size beds pushed together. Our view from the bedroom was a huge heap of trash. We then noticed a few ants in the kitchen. I went down stairs and asked their policy on leaving and they said we have to pay for the first night because it's nonrefundable, but we could cancel the second night, so we did.

We all went to the pool to go swimming and were shocked to find the pool was dirty and had a film floating on the top. We swam anyways thinking we would shower when we got back to our room. On the way back to our room, my friends went to the spa to schedule a massage, but they said you had to schedule all spa services 24 hours in advance. We went back to our room, showered and got ready to leave for dinner. Right before we left, my husband grabbed the dog bowl provided to fill it with dog food, but noticed it was filthy and had food crusted on it. He washed the bowl and filled it with dry dog food then left for dinner.

When we returned, my husband noticed the dog food and mat underneath it were covered with ants. He threw the dog food away and went downstairs to show management the mat and complain. They told my husband that they would spray tomorrow. I was changing the baby on the bed and saw ants crawling all over the comforter. This was the last straw for me. Fed up, I went downstairs to the front desk asking if we could move rooms. I was told we could only move one room over because it was a dog room. I told him that a wall was not enough to keep the ants away. Plus, the wall had a kitchen on each side, so there were holes for the pipes to run through it and the ants could run back and forth on them. He told me because we had a dog, that was the only room. I went back to the room and asked my husband if I could see how many ants were on the dog food, so he pulled the trash out, and to my horror, it was covered in ants and termites. I freaked out and went back to the front desk and asked if we could leave and get our money back. I had taken pictures of the trash to show him so he would know I was not exaggerating about the termites. He told me he had to call the managers and ask them. An hour had passed and I still hadn't heard from him, so I went back to the front desk and he said the owners said that because they spray once a month, it wasn't their problem. They said I could leave that night, but would have to pay a $50 cleaning fee just for occupying the room. It was late and the new room was bug free, so I decided to stay. Plus there were no outside lights for the walkway and it would be dangerous going up and down the stairs with no lights and arms full of luggage. I used the light from my phone to go up and down the stairs to talk to the front desk.

All night a rooster form one of the houses kept crowing and kept waking up the baby all night long. When I woke up in the morning, there were ants and termites all over the kitchen sink, kitchen counter and just ants in the shower. Nobody showered in the new room's bathroom, so I have no idea why they would be in the shower and we didn't eat or cook anything in the kitchen either. We left immediately after we saw the bugs in the new room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We are very sorry for all the trouble surrounding your reservation and stay with us. The rate of $145 per night was through that specific travel agency that you worked with, and unfortunately that price was only for our standard rooms, not the one you were in. Our resort is not in busy Waikiki. It is located in a quant residential area which makes it our secret hideaway that most of our guests love. Because you were bringing your pet along with you we could only put you in specific rooms that are desinated to pets. We are very proud to be one of the few resorts on the island that offer pet friendly rooms so that families can enjoy a vacation with their furry family members. We treat all of our rooms the same, especially the pet friendly ones which usually need more attention. We are not a concrete high rise, we are located in a tropical environment, and therefore we might experience a slightly higher number of bugs that are a part of our lush, tropical landscaping, we do however take every precaution that all other resorts on the island take. Our pest control company is one of the most highly respected on the island. The next morning we did offer you a room upgrade at no cost and you refused this upgrade, we wish you would have taken it and gotten a real taste of our Paradise. We hope you will consider coming back to experience our resort. A Hui Hou.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Paradise Bay this spring, 2011. Spring is a great time to be in Hawaii. If you love Oahu but are tired of Waikiki and prefer a more peaceful environment, then I highly recommend this hotel. Set up in a boutique style, these newly renovated spaces have all unique floor plans to accommodate couples or group parties in some of the multiple bedroom units, overlooking the water. Big clean new kitchens if you want to cook in, clean bathrooms, and our unit had an awesome balcony overlooking the mountains and the bay. It was breathtaking. There were free Mai-tai Wed. and a boat that goes out to the see the reef and snorkel on sat. The hotel is close to Kaneohe for groceries and restaurants, etc, and 30 min by car from Waikiki, only 45 min on the bus. There is a pool, jacuzzi, kayaks and kite surfing. The staff was friendly and attentive and the owners David and Stephanie were really cool. Its so peaceful and quiet you'll never want to leave. Perfect for a romantic get-away. but I could see coming with family and friends being great as well. Last but not least, tiki torches!
Check out this hidden gem.
-s-

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloha,
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience all that Paradise Bay Resort has to offer. Mahalo for your glowing review, we hope that you can return to our hidden gem soon, maybe you can bring some friends and family!
A Hui Hoi!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We had three nights to spend in Oahu, September 6th- 8th, to break our journey across the Pacific. We were lucky to find Paradise Bay, away from the high-rise nightmare and shopping malls of Honolulu/Waikiki. It's in a lush, green area, unlike the brown around most of the rest of the coast, with views across the bay to the mountains. Highway 3 gets you to the airport in well under an hour.

We were lucky to be there for a complimentary buffet dinner and Hawaiian music on Wednesday. We left before the social drinks on Friday evening and a boat trip to the sand bar on Saturday. I think we took the cheapest room option which was fine for us, as was the complimentary buffet breakfast, which included fresh fruit and yoghurt. The staff were friendly and helpful.

In the vicinity, Haliewa Joe's restaurant was a short drive away and a delight, set in a garden and with mountains as a backdrop. We enjoyed walking in the botanical garden at Kaliewa and there were trails at Ka'a'awa reserve a short drive away, one impassable in the forest. Kahama reserve's trails may be better.

We'll certainly recommend Paradise Bay to our friends, and return there ourselves if we do another round-the-world trip.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloha!
Mahalo Nui Loa for your kind words about our hidden Paradise. We are very glad you found us as well and are happy that you got to experience our Wednesday Night Aloha Dinner with live entertainment and Mai Tai's! Hopefully next time you visit you will be able to come to our Mojito Night and sandbar boat excursion. A Hui Hou!
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We chose this place for its distance from Waikiki, even though it was much more expensive than the nice resort hotels on Waikiki Beach. Not directly on Kaneohe Bay but on a small, muddy waterway that exits into the bay. In a local neighborhood, poorly marked directions into property. No AC, rooms are clean, sparse, with very nice sized lanais but drably painted in army green, black & brown, poor WiFi reception. The property is very small and crowded, only 40 rooms and roads going down the middle of the property. Very noisy, especially if there is any rain, cars spin their wheels trying to get up the steep incline and voices carry a long way. Construction underway and the noise was amazing, compounded by the workers talking loudly. Breakfast was pretty disappointing. Watery juices, bagels, bread for toasting, small yogurts, cottage cheese, coffee & tea. All carbs, no protein at all. The pool is tiny, not very inviting. Great dock w/ocean kayaks available. We paid $165 for a $195 room looking directly at the muddy "creek". The staff was pretty friendly, out of state owners. We moved to the Sheraton Kaiulani with a $12 resort fee that included free WiFi, free parking, free beach towels & beach chairs, an attendant came to the beach and brought us free cold water and cold fruit - all for $25 a night less than what we were paid at Paradise Bay Resort . We liked the Windward side of the island alot, but will try a condo or rental instead next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a map laying out the property and pick a 2nd floor room, otherwise there isn't much of a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are located directly on Kaneohe Bay with beautiful Ocean and Mountain views. There is also a canal waterway on property which allows our boats and the neighboring boats to get out to the bay, this canal is necessary for accessing the bay for our complementary Saturday Sandbar Excursion. Our buildings have been designed to create a modern Hawaiian theme and flavor with our upgraded suite finishes and furnishings as well as architecture and paint. We are a smaller resort which allows us to create personal connections with all of our guests and guarantee them personalized service. We thank you for your input as we appreciate all of our guest’s comments. Since your stay we have added air conditioning units into most of our rooms, and are constantly changing our breakfast based on guest’s preferences. We hope that you will return to stay with us sometime in the future. A Hui Hou.

Been to Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii? Share your experiences!