“Good find!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Haleiwa Joe's at Haiku Gardens is a hidden gem out in beautiful Kaneohe, Oahu. Enjoy delicious steaks and seafood in our open-aired restaurant while absorbing the breath-taking Hawaiian views of the botanical gardens below, lined with the majestic Ko'olau Mountains!
Seattle, Washington
“Good find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This was a great find. The restaurant sits at a botanical garden with amazing views. The food was wonderful, cocktails were delicious, and one could not beat the incredible atmosphere and ambiance.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, Minnesota
“Good food, great location - but the attitude wasn't so good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We just returned from dining at this Haleiwa Joe's on our last night on Oahu. The two ladies I was with properly ordered off the dinner menu. I wanted a hamburger, the lounge, (full and separated by only a waist high wall 8 feet from our table) serves an 8 oz hamburger, but as our waiter stated; "Our dining room does not serve hamburgers." I appealed to management and was grudgingly served a hamburger, "this time only". Wow, hamburgers are now a management decision!! Pretty good food at a beautiful location, but look out for the attitude!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockton, Illinois
“Top notch restaurant with a great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We visited this restaurant on a whim with my brother who is stationed at the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe. He had heard of it but never visited. When we left, he said to me "In three years of living here, this is the best restaurant I have eaten at in Hawaii." I could not have agreed more.

The setting for this restaurant is picture perfect - large vegetated mountain with clouds rolling by with a lush jungle like atmosphere surrounds the entire structure. The beautiful pond below is incredibly tranquil.

The food was wonderful. I enjoyed their Prime Rib, which was cooked exactly the way I enjoy it, bone in, medium rare. The cut was 24 oz with the bone for 30 bucks. My brother had the NY Strip Steak, which he said was on par with some of the finer steak houses he has been to (Ruth's Chris, Alexanders, etc). My wife enjoyed their asian ribs, which were a tad dry, but had a smoky and sweet sauce that we were wiping off the plate with our fingers! Also, try the rock shirmp appetizer, they were awesome!

The drinks here are also well made with plenty of booze - you get your money's worth!

Haleiwa Joe's is great as a romantic date-typ place but is also very kid friendly. We saw a great mixture of couples and families.

If you are ever on the east side of the island, near Kanehoe, you must give this place a shot, it is well worth it! Keep in mind, they do not open till 5 pm!

Wash, DC
“Great Food, Pretty Restaurant, Warm Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Our family of 4 had excellent food and a wonderful evening here (8/19/09). We loved the steak, fresh fish and spicy shrimp appetizer. As many have said the restaurant and surroundings are beautiful - just the perfect atmosphere for our vacation. If I was rating just on the food and atmosphere, I would give Haleiwa Joe's a 5. Our food was so well prepared that I expected better wine service. Our red wine was served HOT, like maybe 80 degrees. Also there were very few wines by the glass. Service was quick, but not at the same level as the food. Our server was befuddled by things like where to put our entrees when he had not cleared the appetizer plates before bringing out the entrees. Although attentive, he did not appear to be as experienced as I would expect given the surroundings.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“most memoriable dinner of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Actually had dinner here two nights in a row! The most perfect, romantic dinner we've ever had. Service and food were exceptional. Wonderful memories.

• 4 of 5 stars Food