“If you want a peaceful place this is the B&B to go” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kailua
Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast
You added Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
395 Auwinala Road, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734   |
Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #4 of 14 Kailua B&B and Inns
Muntinlupa City, Rizal, Philippines
“If you want a peaceful place this is the B&B to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I noticed there are reviews that give quite a different perspective of Papaya Paradise. It is because the owners Bob and Jeanette are senior people and in this way they have prepared their B&B for people who want peace and quiet. I am specifically looking for a place for peace and quiet and got exactly what I am looking for. Yes I am looking for fun travel and beach but when I'm sleeping and resting it's a different story. I would be very annoyed by noisy neighbors and I get easily disturbed when I sleep. Maybe for other travelers who prefer a noisy place where they can be free to do whatever they want without consideration for other people, and other people without consideration of them, should not stay here. In regards to the room it is quite small but this is a "bed and breakfast" and not a hotel so it is expected not to have many room options. For the classification of B&B I'd say this place is great, but for a hotel it is not. The location is great as it only takes 10 minutes walk to Kailua beach and a bit more to Lanikai (which is adjacent). Bob regularly checks on us if we are having a good stay or not...we are not accustomed to regular checks but this is okay because in all 5-star hotels we went the waiters do the same thing (I just had a few bites and here they are asking me again if the food is great) and Bob is just making sure if we are having a good time. Overall I like this place because because it is for people who wants peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Follow the notes of turning off the aircon and opening the windows when you leave. You'll be hap...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Aloha, Bob and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the quiet and peacefulness of our home. We try to be help our guests with information on things to do and see, without being to intrusive. We want our guests to really enjoy our beautiful island with all the wonderful things to experience. We do hope you will visit us again. Mahalo, Bob and Jeanette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed for Papaya Paradise for a little under a week for the 2nd leg of our honeymoon. Like any hotel or B&B there are pluses and minuses. Can say my wife and I would not stay here again. Place has potential but would tell anyone on their honeymoon to avoid at all costs. Here is a quick summary:

Positives:
+ Location, you are right near Kailua and Lanikai beach! Both are amazing
+ B&B provides you with chairs and umbrellas that you are free to borrow

Negatives:
- Room is small, we definitely felt cramped while indoors.
- Rooms are not that clean. Found dust everywhere.
- Bob & Jeanette Martz can be a bit strict. You are not allowed to talk on your phone outside. Only whispering is allowed.
- Bob at times will “spy” on you. Not a very relaxing experience if you will.
- Breakfast of cold cereal or frozen bagels were not appetizing. Coffee was cold.
- Bed was a bit firm. Some people might like this but for us was not that comfortable sleep.
- Only had old blue towels in the bathroom. Towels had a musty smell =(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Aloha, I'm sorry you were unhappy with your visit with us. We wish you had mentioned your concerns. We could have refunded your funds and helped you find other accommodations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

All you need for a wonderful time before and after the beach can you find at Jeanettes and Bobs awesome property. A nice cottage, a private pool and a big lanai are offering a relaxing atmosphere. Charming Bob and Jeanette were always helpful with tipps and always good for a joke. We'd enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this B&B. We will come back one time, for sure ! ( Forget about Waikiki and go there!). Honolulu is just about 20 mins away. Warm regards to both Bob and Jeanette.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Mahalo for the kind words......we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us......I have to admit, I'm not sure when you stayed with us. We do hope you will return for another visit and that you will send us good people like you. Aloha, Bob and Jeanette
Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We just came back from Hawaii and stayed on Oahu, Big Island and Maui; our accommodation at Papaya Paradise on Oahu were delightful; clean, comfortable and pretty central to each corner of the island. Bob and Jeanette couldn't have been more helpful with suggestions what to see and the best way to get there. When we left we felt we were leaving friends behind. We highly recommend this B&B. .

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at the Papaya Paradise for six nights beginning January 24 2012 We really enjoyed our stay there. It was the first time that we have stayed at a B&B. We had a very good experience there. Bob and Jeanette are the most gracious hosts. They gave us very useful information on places to eat and points of interest in the area. The view was beautiful as we sat out on the lanai and ate our breakfast with the pool and backyard in the foreground and the mountains in the distance. Bob and Jeanette were very friendly and treated us like family. Ir was especially nice having the use of beach equipment which they provided. We will definitely stay there again if we get back to Oahu. We have stayed at Waikiki before and this was a welcome change.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I just returned from my one month stay at Papaya Paradies! It was a wonderful and a total relaxing vacation. The hosts Jeannette and Bob are so wonderful and helped me in every way. They gave me the feeling as if I had grantparents again. The room from which I had a wonderful view to the garden, pool and the mountains was clean and great. Everything you could want and need you will find here (WiFi, parking lot, beach equipment, towels...) I definitely can recommend to stay at Papaya Paradies. You won't be disapointed!
Saying goodbye after my long stay was very hard and sad. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2011
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband, son and his friend stayed at Papaya Paradise August of 2011. I was raised in Kailua just a few blocks away, was coming for my high school reunion and I really wanted to stay in Kailua for the majority of our visit home.
We were greeted by Bob and Jeanette and instantly felt at home. The rooms were clean and pleasent and the ambiance was so welcoming. The pool was terrific! I really liked the self-catered breakfast, since I tend to sleep in later then the rest of the family.
It is within walking distance of the one of the most beautiful beaches in the world as well as downtown Kailua. There are lots of dining options in town, though we were generally visiting with relatives.
But, I think one of the top attractions was Bob Martz himself. He gave us our tour of the premises and made us feel like we were visiting a favorite relative. I am planning to go back any time I come back home to Hawaii.

Room Tip: Get the room closest to the pool!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kailua
The Modern Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 stars 1,701 reviews

Been to Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!