“Thanks TA” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 124 restaurants in Kailua
“Thanks TA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We would never have found this great little place with out Trip Advisor. Great food, my wife and I shared the K&K lunch plate special. Lunch enough for the both of us. Cost? $11. Thanks TA

• 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Jerusalem, Israel
“A great place to get 'Korean BBQ' and Chinese food near Kailua Beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Whenever I'm in Kailua, I love to eat from K & K BBQ. The food is very good, and quite reasonably priced. The people are very accommodating.
Their plate lunches are very good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Oregon
“Quintessential Hole-In-the-Wall 10karat diamond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our favorite place to load up on Hawaiian-Style plate lunch in Kailua. Generous portions at a very reasonable price served by a hard-working and delightful young couple, K&K has become a fixture near the beach park for locals and visitors alike.

Everything on the menu is scrumptious, from garlic shrimp to potato-mac salad, to a simple burger BUT especially try their "spicey chicken". Onolicious!! Ask them to prepare spicey=chicken boneless, butter-flied thighs instead of the wings. "Broke da Mouth!"

The only "down-grade" is the atmosphere is spartan and there is no view, but it's not that kind of place. This is the place to go for authentic, reasonably priced (i.e. "cheap"), no-frills Hawaiian Plate Lunch that is off the chain.

Perfect to grab a feast to enjoy at the beach or to take home for just the family or a large crowd over for the Super Bowl.

You will return everytime you are on Oahu. Totally off the chart. You miss it, you lose!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surprise, AZ
“Cheap and fast, and pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband was scared to try any more "local" food after a bad experience on our first day. I told him...you shouldn't have o rdered the deep fried everything plate, but he didn't listen. So on my last night I said "I want something local and maybe we should stop at the little Korean BBQ place on our way back from the beach."

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much at all. I figured it's a hole in the wall place, probably similar to Filiberto's (if you're from AZ, you'll understand what this means) - cheap food, not a fancy place, not gourmet - but edible and filling. I got the BBQ plate lunch and it was pretty darn good. The chicken was great, the other stuff was tasty as well.

So if you're at the beach and need something quick and cheap, this is a good place to go. No, it's not a beautifully decorated destination restaurant - but the people are friendly and it's not going to break the bank. (PS - cash only, there is an ATM at the convenience market around the corner).

• 4 of 5 stars Food