“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in Kailua
yellow springs
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Warm malasadas to order, just call 15 minutes ahead! On top of the wonderful malasadas my family also had some bread pudding, some fudge, a mango turnover, some insane pastry with caramel, chocolate, coconut, and macadamias and they were all delicious! Nothing here is a disappointment, definitely worth the drive to Kailua!

Visited June 2013

Enumclaw, Washington
“Malasadas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was all we got but oh, boy were they good! We had half sugar and half cinnamon/sugar. I think the cinnamon/sugar edged out the straight sugar by a slim margin. They are best when hot (we got there just as a batch was finishing up, otherwise you have to wait 10 minutes). I am rating it an average for atmosphere since it is a bakery. You can eat there if you want.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Get there early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm not a big fan of pastries, my hubbie is, but we both very much enjoyed the donuts. It's hard to describe the difference from other donuts, they seem spongier, almost like angel food cake. Not as heavy as a cake donut and not as light as a basic donut. Very tasty and wonderful with coffee. I like to dip mine in my coffee and liked that they soaked up the coffee with out breaking off into the drink.

We arrived a little before seven on Sunday morning, there was a line and they were already getting low. What was out was it, no extra in the back. We ate there and the stream of visitors was constant. Coffee could have been better and the expresso machine was down. Other then that, we liked it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent Malasadas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We discovered Malasadas at Agnes Portuguese Bake Shop. They are like a warm donut and are amazing if eaten when they are HOT. You can call and order before hand. They take 10 minutes to cook. We also had a variety of other treats - sweet rolls, corn muffins, cookies, etc. We enjoyed them all. Both times we went, we took our food to go. The restaurant eating area looks pretty old school but the food is amazing.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Make sure you get two boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I knew at the first bite that none of the six I had just purchased would survive the short drive back to our place and that I needed another batch for the family. Delish! I went back, got two more orders - they are made to order.

Visited March 2013