“Mixed Review” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Phoenix, Arizona
“Mixed Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food was very good but the cons:
Don't seat inside or you will smell like the kitchen food. I have to take a shower after returning home.
They charge our table and the table next to us for extra items we did not order. Not a coincidence.
We are not returning.

Visited March 2013

91% Recommend
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The tables were full as it was a Saturday night, so we sat near the bar under the window, it was a cool spot. The service was slow and server seemed as if he were too busy. We waited for a while with no drinks… He did refill our wine glasses with the bottle throughout the night, which I thought was pretty neat until we received the bill. He overcharged us for three glasses of wine…not cool. The food was amazing and prices were too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victor, New York
“Nice order and seat diner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Went for an early afternoon lunch, had the club sandwich which was delish. My father in law had the meatball sandwich that was also very good. Enjoyed a CoConut Porter then a vodka tonic, good beer and friendly poor on the VT. Would also suggest the macadamia nut muffin...very, very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“What a treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We traveled to North Shore and stopped in Kailua for a quick lunch. The kalapawau Cafe & Deli was on the main highway and easy to find. For lunch, they have counter service and the atmosphere is very casual. The food display in deli case was beautiful and tasted as good as it looked. We had spinach and goat cheese in phyllo and a couple of vegetable sides. Several pastry and dessert choices were available. They were reasonably priced by Hawaii standards. It will be a do-again if opportunity presents.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Cute and Tasty Market and Cafe in Kailua!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I love Kailua, and every time I am on that side of the island, I wish I lived there! So many tasty, cute restaurants to enjoy. Friends were visiting, so we decided to stop at the cafe for lunch. Right as you walk in, lovely smells greet you from the kitchen. The place is small, so standing in line and getting to some of the indoor tables is like moving in a jigsaw puzzle, but do not let that deter you. We had sandwiches that were all very good including the special of the day which was a pulled pork with coleslaw on a toasted taro bun, a turkey bacon club, and a roast beef. All came out warm, toasty, and delicious! They also came out rather quick, which was impressive since the place was busy, and I do not generally find most restaurants in Hawaii to be quick about anything. We also sampled some in-house made guava macaroons that were super sweet and delicious if you like super sweet macaroons like I do. Their counter of pre-made foods looked and smelled great including grape leaves, risotto cakes, chicken parmigiana. As you can see from my list above of the prepared foods, it is a bit of a hodge podge of cuisine. I plan on going back for dinner as it is open for lunch and dinner. I am not sure about breakfast. I wish I lived in Kailua so I could come over often for meals, but alas I will definitely stop by when I am on the windward side of Oahu. Seating outside is nice if the weather is cooperating, but I will say it is not scenic. The front porch faces the parking lot, and the back deck is on a rather busy intersection. However, you are in Hawaii, which is hard to beat. So swing in for a quick meal or a longer meal to linger over when in Kailua!!

• Visited February 2013