“Best beach ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Recommended
$136*
and up
Small-Group Oahu Eco-Tour Including Waimea Valley...
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Kailua
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best beach ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I love this beach! It had the softest sand and the most clear water. It doesn't get very crowded either.

2 Thank Rcr2931

Sandy, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lanikai Beach Paradise found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I really want to say this place is horribly overrated and don't bother wasting your time to come here. But that would be, because i would rather not share paradise with others. It was 38 years since I was last here, and there was really no disappointments. The sand is the best you will find anywhere on earth, kinda like walking in baby powder.... The water crystal blue, and very alluring.
With Kailua beach a stones throw away you can rent kayaks and paddle to the islands (2) and get away from any crowds. There really are not crowds on this beach as it is not highly advertised and considered local. If you go here take out whatever you bring in so the locals dont decide to lock it down for locals. Muhalo ! Enjoy!!

Madison, Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing- A must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was the first beach my husband and I went to during our two week stay on Oahu, and it was by far our favorite. It looks like a postcard, it's so stunningly beautiful. We did some snorkeling there and had a great time- my husband even seen an eel. We went back on our second to last day but the water was too choppy to snorkel or be in. Still the best beach by far.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“One of the best beaches!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've always wanted to check this beach out. It lived up to my expectation. Yes. There aren't any facilities but that didn't stop me. The waves were just right and calmer than Waikiki beach. The water was turquoise. There isn't much fish present. Will definitely come back,

1 Thank Hunneeb33
Virginia Beach, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Definitely one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life. There is something for everyone here - water sports, shady spots if you need them, waves to splash in and shallow spots for little ones to splash. Definitely recommend as a stop on the island. The traffic is a bit crazy, but when I went (middle of the day on a weekday) there was plenty of parking right at the beach.

1 Thank HannahB891