“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

Anchorage, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Fantastic beach accessible from a number of locations. Good for long walks, or finding a less crowded place to enjoy a day on the beach.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Makawao, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
“What a sweet beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My daughter lives in Kailua. On a recent trip from Maui where we live we went to Lanikai Beach to go paddle boarding. The beach is protected by an outer coral reef so the water is super calm and perfect for a neophyte paddle boarder(me!). I had so much fun in the water which is the most beautiful turquoise blue because of the white sand. You can kayak or paddle board or paddle a surf board all the way out to the "Mokes" (two small islands off shore). What a fun beach and great for the keikis(children) as the water is very calm with no rip currents.

“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I am 12 and this was the first time I had ever been to Hawaii.
My mom and dad actually got married right on this beach 13 years ago and it was really neat to visit there!
The beach was very beautiful and the water was so clear..
I would totally come back to this beach next time I come!

New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
“Nice "hidden" beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We came to this beach at the recommendation of two friends who are from Oahu. It took us a while to actually find the beach but once we did, we understood what all the fuss was about. It was gorgeous white sand for miles.

When we came, we parked at the state beach (Kailua Beach Park) and walked into Lanikai. Might be easier --- we felt uncomfortable just parking our car on the side of the road.

Jerusalem, Israel
78 attraction reviews
“I'm staying here for 5 weeks. Wonderful beach. Friendly peo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My beach house is on Lanikai beach. It is gorgeous, and on a nice part of the beach. I say ' my ' beach house, but it is mine for another week. Then I'm off home.
Great beach, friendly people, but no services for people ( toilets, etc.). And a mile + off shore, are the Mokulua Islands.