“A Local Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Northern California
“A Local Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a non-descript restaurant one would easily miss without consulting reviews. It's not on a main road but locals are drawn to its delicious breakfasts and friendly service. My spouse and I are visitors, though my family was originally from Hawaii, we were drawn.

The hostess and staff are genuinely friendly, not the Waikiki friendly. The pancakes with guava syrup, a specialty, was delicious in my visit last year. This year, it was a Chinese omelette (shredded roasted chicken, char siu, fu yong vegetables with oyster sauce). It was odd and different, something you wouldn't find at Denny's or iHop. Strange as it was described in the menu and strange as it looked, a slightly brownish omelette, it was delicious. The chicken and char siu were fresh though the char siu was slightly over spiced. The stir fry vegetables were fresh and crisp. Will I come again? Please point me in its direction.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richardson, Texas
“Great place for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Don't let the plastic chairs or the location deter you from eating here. Went for the red velvet pancakes that everyone raves about but ended up ordering the Turkey eggs Benedict they served for Thanksgiving. What a wonderful twist on eggs Benedict...they had a layer of cranberry sauce between the muffin and the turkey and it was so tasty! The sauce was just perfect too, I had a half order and with the home fries that came with it, it was still too much to eat....especially because I had to take a few bites of my friends Red Velvet Pancakes. The pancakes were huge, soft and fluffy...topped with a thinned version of a buttercream icing drizzle....melt in your mouth...so yummy! The service was great too. Bon Appetite...Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
west coast
“Open for lunch until 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Found this place no problem when we were touring the island. We had Spaghetti with garlic toast,(daughter ate half), Mahi (kona style),(with fresh veggies and mashed potatoes), Chicken fantasy,(with spinach, broccoli and hollandaise sauce) Portuguese soup (cup), two large chocolate milks (made with an excellent syrup) and a coffee for about $46. Overall the food was like homemade and fresh. My husband said next time he would order the biggest bowl of the soup he could it was that good. Service was good, would go back but I live too far away.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Every time we visit Kailua, we always go to Cinnamon's at least once for breakfast. We were just there a week ago, and the breakfast was very good. However, I tend to like savory over sweet for breakfast, so I ordered eggs benedict. I have to say that Cinnamon's hollandaise sauce is - by far - the best I've ever had. However, the poached eggs were a bit under cooked this time. My husband ordered an omellete, and was very satisfied. I do know that Cinnamon's is known for it's red velvet pancakes. I have to say, they do look delicious, but I've not yet tried them. Overall, a good breakfast. I would recommend, and I will go back next time we're in Kailua.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“Good pancakes, decent omeletter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The restaurant was pretty big, and my husband and I chose to eat outside (in the middle of a shopping center). I ordered a small veggie omelette, which unfortunately was undercooked inside (still runny) and too oily for my taste. The pancakes were nice and fluffy, though, and the wait staff was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Food