“Absolutely amazing and terrifying.” 5 of 5 stars

770 Auloa Road, Kailua, Oahu, HI
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 29 things to do in Kailua
Jasper, Indiana
“Absolutely amazing and terrifying.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

If you aren't an advanced hiker, it's okay. It's more mind over matter. Not something I would bring kids to. As far as safety is concerned, you should expect to climb a lot of ropes up and down steep cliffs. I'm not joking. You kind of feel like you're rock climbing at some points. That being said, the view is worth it. I saw some people that weren't in tip top shape but they made the trek to all 3 peaks. They all said it was an amazing view. I suggest bringing a lot of water and snacks. It's a long hike. Finally, if you aren't up for a challenge of a 5 hour hike, then I suggest stopping at peak 1. It gets kinda crazy after that but its doable.

Visited July 2014

Santa Monica, California
11 attraction reviews
“Challenging and Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I should start by saying that this hike is not for beginners . . . but you also don't need to be an expert. This hike is challenging, and will probably take the average hiker about 4 hours, depending on whether you choose to hit all three peaks.

The challenge is part of the fun though. I can honestly say this may be one of the most impressive hikes I've ever done. Bring water, some sun screen, and some bug spray, and prepare for an adventure!

Visited August 2013
Plano, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Let's climb some rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Difficult but exciting hike, with fabulous view. The hike started off as a bit of a muddy trail, (after you park your car prior to the golf course, and walk up the paved road to the start of the trail), then you get to the narrow steep portion of the trail. My heart was going, and was a bit dismayed as I only saw much younger people coming down. Then we get to the rock portion of the trail. There were rocks to climb - with ropes situated to assist if needed, with narrow steep paths in between. Difficult, but well worth it. We just did the first peak. We should have brought a snack to give us some additional energy, but you definitely don't want to carry too much with you. Great workout.

Visited May 2014
“A epic hike worth the steep and at times hazard climb... don't trust the ropes but for balance only. I loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Well worth the effort and the long hike from the parking. You can't park on the golf course so you must walk in. The gate guard filled our water bottles from a spicket on the way back. Don't wear running shoes... I recommend boots....

Visited March 2014
“Leave your phone at home”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This trail is dangerous. I can see these peaks from my front room window. I also watch the tax payer funded helicopter rescues. It can rain up to 3 inches per hour making the hike impossible. There are vertical drops of hundreds of feet on either side of the trail. The trail is rock and mud. Many people have died or have been seriously injured from falling off the sides, including Marines. I saw a Marine get rescued after he fell off. He nearly died. Another local guy died from falling off 2 years ago. Do not climb the peaks and think if there's a problem, you will just call a helicopter. In the past 20 years of living in the shadow of these peaks, the helicopter rescues have gone from none to one or more every two weeks. The reason for the increased frequency of rescues is because of cell phones. If you think you are a real live on the edge person, then leave your phone at home and think about doing the hike. The trail is not an official trail. It is not maintained. It begins on private land. There is no designated parking. It is terribly dangerous.

Visited April 2014