“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The service was great - front desk, activities - all the staff were really helpful.
Great location and family room was clean spacious.
The beaches form there are lovely.
Close to the shrimp trucks for a great meal. Highly recommend

Room Tip: family room for 2 adults and 2 kids was great
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a good time at the Turtle Bay. The first half of our trip we stayed at the Hilton in Honolulu and I would say compared to the North Shore and Turtle Bay, I really liked our first half a little better. But the North Shore just wasn't really 'me'. You definitely need to have a car if you want to leave the Resort. And we for sure wanted to. We really enjoyed our breakfast at the Kula Grille, nothing that could be done better. Loved it!
Other than that the Hotel itself was really nice and it is a great place for snorkeling, which you get to do for free (gear) for an hour a day. The beach (more like a snorkeling area) wasn't crowded at all and so it was really nice and relaxing. There are some of the best beaches on the North Shore and that's definitely a plus when staying at the Turtle Bay. But again, you need a car for that.
Restaurant-wise the Turtle Bay doesn't have TOO much to offer and it was not the easiest to find good Restaurants every day, that weren't too far away. That's something I really didn't like too much. The rooms were modern, stylish and there's definitely nothing to complain about.
We, of course, also watched the movie 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' and hoped to see some of the actual filming locations. It hardly looks how it does in the movie though, that's a little disappointing. So if you come here for that, don't expect too much.
I would always go back, but I probably wouldn't want to stay there for more than three or four days or would rather pick a Hotel in Honolulu.
And this is not because of anything the Hotel 'did wrong', it really just is the fact, that the North Shore was a bit too boring for me, since I am not into Surfing.
I got a massage at the Resort though and that was really good, so you should definitely go and check that out. At night we enjoyed the Cocktails by the pool bar, soooo good. Try the 'monkey's lunch' - to die for!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I love Tourtle Bay Reaort. My husband and I were there in 2011, in September for our 5th wedding anivarsary. Since then we visited more of the Hawaii islands but Oahu and specially the Tourtle Bay remains our favorite spot. I do remember the beautiful pool, the fabulous Mai Tai's, I remember we asked for garlic fries to have with our Mai Tai's and even though they weren't on the menu, we got it a couple of times. We also had a memorable dinner at the Ola restaurant. I can't wait to hopefully come back there soon.

Room Tip: There is no bad room, because of the hotel positioning, there is ocean view from every room.
Green Features: Has solar panels on the roof...herb gardens on location...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from a few days in an ocean front cottage. Very nice room, great views. There are plenty of activities at the resort. The food at all the restaurants is excellent. I have only 3 issues- first, there should be lounge chairs at the cottages instead of just table and chairs. It would be nice to have a lounge chair on the decks to relax and enjoy the food. Second, the cottages come with a butler, who seemed to have absolutely no interest in being involved with guests or in helping out. I gave up on him the second day and just made my own arrangements. Could use some serious work in this area. Finally, the check in process was painstakingly slow, with only one desk to check in cottage guests, which leads to very long waiting times. All on all this is a great place to stay, but needs help on the guest relationship and staff side

Room Tip: The cottages are the best. The hotel itself is just a normal large hotel building
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Pearl City, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived early and the front desk was able to get us a room by 2pm. Housekeeping had outdone themselves in cleaning the room early. The beach bar was not good because the server was slow delivering the drinks. The morning buffet at Kula Grill was astonishing. Thank you I will come here again and again!

Room Tip: Call the front the front desk as soon as possible
Green Features: Go to the Kula Grille early for Buffet and the hit the pool. They open at 7am and Is great and peaceful. Hotel is good for recharging and away from loud noises of Waikiki.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
TurtleBayResort808, General Manager at Turtle Bay Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Aloha,

Please wish your wife a very happy birthday! I am glad you two had a great time celebrating at Turtle Bay! Thank you for sharing what you enjoyed as well as areas that could use some extra aloha. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and we all hope to welcome you back someday.

Mahalo,
Danna Holck
Vice President & General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed here with a newborn, 2 year old and 6 year old. The minute we arrived we did not get treated as I would expect for paying 400$ a night. The check in man was awful. When we got into our
Room the mirrors had hand prints on them, black hairs all over the shower, the bathroom door has some sort of brown substance on it but the worst was finding a used tampon in the bed side table. After that the sheets we found were covered in brown streaks which I don't even want to know what it is. The next day the greeters yelled at me for pulling up to the front and taking a minute too long to pull my screaming baby out of the car. I had to call twice every day for towels and coffee. They never once restocked coffee or cups without me calling. I could see this treatment and conditions at a super 8 not a resort costing 400$ a night. The only good service I had was a night manager Wendell. I do not feel that them comping a resort fee, 200$ and letting me do late check out makes up for finding a used tampon in the room. Unfortunately I was not going to write a poor review but they wouldn't even comp the night that I spent with my family sleeping on the floor because the nasty bed.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Kahuku, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this beautiful resort on multiple occasions. Aaron Requilman sets the bar when it comes to embodying the aloha and ohana spirit of Hawaii. He has taken care of me and my family on numerous occasions. If you ever have the opportunity to stay at this heavenly resort, request that Aaron takes care of you. Mahalo!

Al Y.

Room Tip: Wait for Aaron to check you in, he will ensure a great stay.
Green Features: unrivaled hospitality from all the staff, especially Aaron Requilman from guest services.
Aloha,

Thank you so much for sharing your great experiences at Turtle Bay. We all strive to ensure our visitors have the times of their lives and I am delighted Aaron has taken care of you with aloha every time you visit! I will be sure to commend him for his great service as well as share your wonderful review with him. We all look forward to serving you again someday and appreciate your review.

Mahalo,
Danna Holck
Vice President & General Manager

Been to Turtle Bay Resort? Share your experiences!