“Great shrimp” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Papamoa, New Zealand
“Great shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just made a random lunch stop at Fumis and all 4 of us where pleasantly surprised with our delicious shrimp meals . Who knew you could have shrimp so many different ways and so deliciously fresh from a roadside truck . A great decision to stop here . Loved it

Visited October 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

There are lots of shrimp trucks and shacks on this area of the island, and Fumi's was the only one we tried, so I can't offer a comparison. That being said, I got the spicy garlic shrimp and my wife got the fried coconut shrimp, both of which were very good. The spicy garlic shrimp was certainly spicy (it's heat almost caught me off guard) and the coconut shrimp were nice and crunchy without being greasy. The plates were both served with white rice, salad, and a slice of pineapple. There were several tour buses present, so our wait for our food was a bit longer that I would have expected (20 minutes or so).

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
camp lejeune
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband had the spicy shrimp and I had the garlic butter. Loved both. The extra garlic butter for the rice is terrific, don't expect much from the salad but the shrimp is the star anyway. Nice covered seating area with a sink to wash your hands. Loved it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Still can taste the freshness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were told by many locals to avoid gio's because it's more of a tourist spot (almost like pat's and genos for cheesesteaks in philly, but there are hole in the wall places that serve SO MUCH BETTER). We were so glad to listen to the locals!
There are not many dining options once you head up North Shore but the shrimp trucks are plentiful. We were able to get to fumi's and Macky's only, but both were amazing. I think the shrimp at macky's are a little bigger, but regardless the taste in both are mouth-watering good. The service was so quick too, we couldn't believe there was no one in line. The shrimps are so fresh, and served with two scoops of rice, slice of pineapple and a small salad. I was a HUGE fan of the garlic butter. Little chunks of garlic on top of the rice completed the meal. I'm definitely missing this treat. They have seating around the truck and paper towels for customers to clean off after peeling all the shrimps. We were told you could also call ahead to order.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“North Shore Shrimp Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Everyone has their favorite shrimp truck, and Fumi's is mine. I think they all differ only slightly, and whichever one you end up at will be delicious. But Fumi's feels like home. I highly recommend the garlic shrimp or the spicy garlic shrimp plate. Also for small eaters, it's useful to know, but not well publicized, that you can get a half plate of any shrimp dish, which offers 5-6 shrimp, one scoop of rice, and the usual side dishes, for half the price. Enjoy!

Visited December 2012