“Palmer Course was Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 things to do in Kahuku
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Turtle Bay Golf features two, 18-hole golf courses on the Fabled North Shore of Oahu. The Arnold Palmer Course is a Golf Digest Top 100 Public Golf Course and has hosted both the LPGA Tour and Champions Tour. The George Fazio Course is a perfect course for the novice golfer or families wanting a quality golf experience. Special walking rates available on the Fazio Course. Ask about our rental club special which allows golfers complimentary use of the rental clubs after the first rental on either of our golf courses. First rental includes 2 sleeves of Titleist golf balls
Castle Pines, Colorado
36 attraction reviews
“Palmer Course was Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

First, the great news -- as a twosome teeing off at 8:40am, we played in 3 hours, 25 minutes!! The course is in outstanding condition. It is set in a tropical forest with meandering streams that parallel and cross the fairways. The greens are huge so make sure you pay attention to the 150-yard markers which will tell you if the pin is front, center, or back. You can hit the greens in regulation and face 100 foot putts if you aren't careful. The greens do not have as much break as you might think. This was an outstanding golf experience.

Queensland, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Played the Palmer course with a group of friends and everyone enjoyed the well manicured layout. Is fair for all levels of golfers and has some very well designed holes. Is probably a little over priced for what you get but you can get some cheaper rates in the afternoon.

Visited April 2013
“Palmer course excellent .. Fazio average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Palmer course great... Fazio unremarkable.. Palmer course in excellent condition and very tough when the trades are howling.. Greens smooth, fast and true-- no grain like Ko Olina-- bunkers need sand-- overall, Palmer a 5, Fazio a 3

Visited April 2013
“Change Golf Pros - [--] does not cut it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Golf Pro is a liar and would not honor an entertainment book coupon that his staff indicated that was usable. Staff went so far as to tell me that I made an internet reservation, I guess it must of been Turtle Bay's version of Siri - in either case, neither works. Golf Cart brakes did not work and nobody seeme to care, but I was able to exchange it after 9. Three of the ball washes did not work. For what the green fees are, I would have expected something wonderful, not a bunch of jerks on a poorly maintained golf course. [--] should be fired and they should start over again.

On the positive side, there are a couple holes with ocean views, but not nearly as many as one would think. I think I will stick with Trump in LA. Much better views and better maintained. Although [--] has the ego of Trump - but would rather fire the customers than employees!

Visited March 2013
Matthew H, Manager at Turtle Bay Golf, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Turtle Bay Golf was happy to honor the 4 for 3 coupon you had and offered you a free round of golf under the restrictions that were listed on the coupon which stated that it could not be used before noon on weekends. We are sorry that our solution and the complimentary dinner for two that was offered to you by the hotel did not meet your satisfaction. Brake and ball washers have been checked and are all in good working order...thank you for the feedback. We certainly strive to offer an enjoyable experience to all of our guests and hope to see you again in the future...with Aloha Matt Hall - PGA Director of Golf.
Provo
86 attraction reviews
“Nice course but overpriced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I golfed here while on vacation and the greens fee's were very expensive considering the condition of the course. I have golfed at courses in the states that were a lot cheaper but in much better condition. You can't beat the views at Turtle Bay and perhaps that is worth the high green fee's but for me, I was a little disappointed. I was also frustrated because we only had 3 holes left when we were supposed to be off the course, and so I called the club house to let them know that we only had 3 holes left and we would just follow the group in front of us in, and instead of them being okay with it, they told us to leave the hole we were on immediately and return to the clubhouse. I thought that was kind of ridiculous considering how much we paid to play.

Visited March 2012