“Perfect Hotel Bar” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Perfect Hotel Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This Bar was one of the better Hotel bars. It wasnt over the top, loud, catering to a specific age or anything like that. I sat at the bar with my wife, had great service, great food, listened to a fantastic band. We'll definitely be back.

Visited September 2012

edinburgh
“simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good, simple bar food in an ideal setting, poolside bar with amazing views overlooking the sea, good selection of beers and cocktails,can be quite busy at times, great place to have a drink and watch the sunset

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to watch the sunset”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good drinks and good free music every evening. You can watch the surfers and the sunset from your table. What's not to like?

Visited January 2013
White Rock, Canada
“Hit & Miss Service, Decent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed 9 nights at Turtle Bay and we spent at least some time around the pool probably about 5 or 6 days of our trip. For the most part we were just ordering drinks, but we did grab some lunch one day as well.

The service was very hit & miss. One of the servers was a younger blonde girl and she always provided exceptional service. She would ask guests if they wanted anything very quickly when they settled by the pool and could always be seen checking back frequently. However, some of the others seemed to take a long time to come over and make that initial contact. They would be buzzing around doing various things or talking amongst themselves by the bar, but it was tough to get their attention sometimes.

A few times after we sat around waiting for say 10 mins, I would just go over to the bar and state I wanted to get some drinks and start a tab. They would ask where I was sitting and I would point to where we were. I'd go back and wait again. Then after being sick of waiting some more, I would go back and tell them I'll just get the drinks myself. This seemed to be a challenging concept for them and the server would get frustrated that I wanted a drink that they were not delivering. All a bit painful. One time I said, look, I just want a bloody drink - what do we need to do to make that happen? How about I'll just pay for this one separately through the bartender and we'll do another tab when you come over. The bartender would have a look like, come one servers, get your act together, this is embarrassing.

We ordered some coconut shrimp for lunch one day and and they were excellent. Big shrimp butterflyed and deep fried in a coconut breading - awesome. Wife did have to go over to the bar to try and get some service after the menus had been dropped off earlier. The younger girl said she wasn't sure where our server was, but she'd be happy to help. Then our server came running over from somewhere and said, those are my customers, I'll get it. Seemed concerned the other one was trying to take her customers and tips I guess.

Anyways, it was about 50/50 on the service. Really good half the time and then some consistent challenges the other days. Pool was pretty busy though which likely was a contributor. But also apparent some service issues to be dealt with.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Bar food - nothing more/less”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Typical bar food. Except nothing and you wont be disappointed. Least favorite at the resort. Chicken wings, pizza, bar food etc. Great huge screen to watch sports on so that was nice.

Visited December 2012