“Terrific Coconut Macadamia Nut Shrimp” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Kahuku
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: The Kahuku Grill is located at the historical Kahuku Sugar Mill. From the street you can see a large wheel that was part of the old mill. When entering the parking lot to the right there is a gas station. Parking can be found on the at the curb in front of the large wheel and to the left of the entrance. The Grill is right behind the big sugar mill "wheel". Hope to see you soon.
Provo, Utah, United States
“Terrific Coconut Macadamia Nut Shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Not quite a fast food place, but not a fancy sit down restaurant either. Your order taken at a window and brought to your table. It is clean and bright with very friendly service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent burger and acai bowl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

You may have to wait a bit to order or get your food here but it's worth the wait. The burgers are very well seasoned and tender. We ordered the Shem and the Cowboy and both were delicious. All burgers come with fries (which aren't traditional fries, shaped like half moons and more like campire skillet potatoes...they were a bit greesy and some undercooked so they were the only thing we didn't like). However, while my husband went to work the next day, I went back for another Shem burger and an Acai Bowl-extremely tasty. Acai Bowls are sold all over the island and this one was an acai flavored gelato of sorts topped with granola, sliced bananas and honey. It has a mild berry flavor and I gobbled it up! You definitely have to eat here while on the north shore. It's a super chill place and the staff are friendly.

Calgary, Canada
“Sensational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Wish we had discovered KG the first night of our stay on the NS. The burger was awesome and the coconut shrimp looked very tasty.
We will stop at KG one more time before we leave the NS. Eat up, you won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
Bend, Oregon
“Best.Burger.Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The burgers are AMAZING!! And they are huge! Potatoes are good too. Service is very friendly. Nothing bad to say. We eat there at least once every time we visit Oahu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“*****OUTSTANDING BURGERS & FOOD*****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was in Oahu for a week on a trip and I ate there almost every day and also at their brother restaurant Seven Brothers. Both places get 5 stars from me and I'll tell you why.

I consider myself an extreme burger lover and this place rocked my burger world!!! Not only were their onolicious burgers outstanding, but their homemade delicious desserts were too, as well as their incredibly tasting shakes, yummy acai bowls, outstanding macadamia nut shrimp, scrumptious moist fish, unreal fresh salads, generous size portions, the freshest ingredients, a clean and beautiful environment, affordable prices, fun surfing videos, and their staff is friendly!!!

I remind myself when I come to the islands that this is not the mainland, which I am grateful for, but I remember that this is Hawaii the land of much aloha. So when I come to these beautiful Hawaiian islands I have learned to kick back and ride that relaxing wave of aloha and to savor that ride. The mainland has it's fast paced style and Hawaii has it's own laid back style. Isn't that why people like coming here in the first place is because of that laid back style? So when I'm here in the islands I remember that this ain't the mainland, so I kick off my shoes stick my toes in the sand, chillax and enjoy your incredible burgers :)

I have read some of the comments of the service not being fast enough for some people, well what eating establishment doesn't have times where it can take longer to get your food, especially when they first open and are trying to find their groove? The fact remains that Seven Brothers & Kahuku Grill have found their groove and you can tell by the lines of people waiting to get in there for their delicious food and friendly service which only continues to get better and better each day.

I take my hat off to the owners and their wonderful staff for doing a phenomenal job in creating not one but two outstanding burger joints on the North Shore.

Guarantee, when I come back to Hawaii I will be enjoying these two incredible eating places again and again and again :)) I thank you for making warm and delicious memories for me to remember when I'm back here on the mainland where life is always fast paced and also where it's incredibly cold right now, burrr! I can't wait to get back to the land of Aloha again to enjoy your incredibly good grinds and to feel that laid back warm aloha spirit.

Keep on rocking my burger world boys!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere