“disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Activities: Horseback riding
everywhere
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We used the bonus off our Go Oahu cards for the All Day Experience at Kualoa Ranch after reading reviews here on TripAdvisor. The scenery at Kualoa is absolutely beautiful, however, the tours offered at the ranch were quite disappointing. We signed up for the Movie Sites & Ranch Tour, Jungle Expedition Tour, Ancient Fishing Grounds & Tropical Gardens Tour and Ocean Voyage Tour. The guide for the Ancient Fishing Grounds & Tropical Gardens tour was very informative but the other tours were not as interesting. Thankfully, each tour was only an hour long. A lunch buffet of pork spare ribs, bbq chicken, rice, salad, beef chili, cucumber kimchee, mac salad, pineapple and pineapple cake was included with the Go Oahu card. Other than the scenery, the lunch buffet was probably the best part of the day there. This is perfect for those who enjoy a really laid back day surrounded by beautiful scenery. If you're looking for excitement and adventure, I do not recommend Kualoa Ranch.

• Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“Best thing we did on a 10 day Hawaiian vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Did the 2 hour trip and loved every minute of it. Had just rained the few days before and all of the stream crossings were flooded which made it that much more fun to cross. Our guide was great and the scenery was some of the best on Oahu.

Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“City folk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A very enjoyable experience. My family and I did the two hour horse ride tour. What a great time we all had. We drove from Waikiki which took no more than 45 min. The ranch is located in such a beautiful art of Oahu, the drive is well worth it.
The staff were brilliant making sure we were placed on the horses with minimum fuss and making us feel at ease with our mount.
I cannot describe the beauty of the tour. It would not give it justice. I just couldn't believe the beauty of the valley and then turning my head to look at the ocean! So beautiful!
The horses are absolutely fantastic ad well!
As ! Am a city boy I thought the whole experience was absolutely brilliant! Thanks Kualoa Ranch.

Pekin, Illinois
“a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I booked a full day adventure package that included a choice of 4 activities and lunch and had an awesome time.

48 attraction reviews
“Just loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I did the one hour horseback ride at this ranch and loved it. We were a tad disappointed that we didn't get to see the actual Jurassic Park sets but the ride was so stunningly beautiful and fun, it didn't matter.

The staff that came with us on the ride were fun, knowledgable of the sites and horses, and amazing. I would recommend this to everyone.

Visited October 2013