“Heavenly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hale Ko'olau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hauula
Hale Ko'olau
You added Hale Ko'olau to your Saves list
54-223 Kamehameha Highway, PO Box 223, Hauula, Oahu, HI 96717   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
California
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at the Nani Kai Hale and it was definitely as the title says "heavenly." We also got to meet the owners and they are awesome. Anyways, Nani Kai Hale's rooms were very clean, love love love the kitchen and how it opens up so you can hang out with friends while cooking etc. I so love the beds, the bathrooms and you didn't have to go anywhere for anything. You had everything in there. We got up early to peek at what view we had. We knew there was beach view but OMG, it was beautiful and just as I stated before, heavenly. I'll let the view tell you what you would get when staying here. Definitely returning to Hale the next time around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hale_koolau_llc, Owner at Hale Ko'olau, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Aloha & mahalo nui loa for your kind words and wonderful review. Please remember that repeat guests receive a 10% discount in addition to other discounts/promotions which may apply.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Nani Kai Hale Nov 2012 and it was amazing! The location of this getaway is perfect, right on the ocean front, you walk out the door and you have paradise! Enjoy the sunset or sunrise on the beautiful lanai (deck), or enjoy a walk down the beach. Relax in the jacuzzi and enjoy the sound of the waves crashing nearby. Nani Kai Hale is beautiful and luxurious. The decor is amazing, it is spacious, very clean, well-stocked and is fully equipped with all the modern amenities. There is plenty to do, great sightseeing and activities, not to mention it isn't that far from the city at all, however we were happy to avoid the hustle and bustle of the city and stay at Hale Ko'olau. Hale Ko'olau has the most amazing staff who offered excellent service. We plan to continue to visit Hawaii and stay at Hale Ko'olau because they offer the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my sisters stayed in Nani Kai Hale from May 14 2013 to may May 21 2013. Its was our first time the house was beautiful you can hear the beach waves, Inside the house its clean, everything you needed its there. More space got hot tub outside. the bedroom its so romantic I wish my husband was there but its all my sister. We had no complaints at all the serrvice was 100% perfect and I cant ask for more but a big thank you to Hale Ko'olau.
We planning of going back next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I definitely love my week at Nani kai Hale and would highly recommend it to whoever is looking for the absolute pleasure of an ocean view with the clear blue sky reflect it's beauty on it's deep blue sea footsteps away from your door steps. Local shops and diners are 2 minutes walk. After a long swim you take a long relaxing dip in the comforting spa. The house is so beautiful, clean and at a very safe neighborhood. Overall service was excellent and i would love to visit again. Nani Kai Hale provides comfort, pleasure and most of all privacy, just what you need when on a holiday.

• Stayed May 2013
Waikiki, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I actually live in Hawaii and when I had close friends visiting from Massachusetts I wanted to take them away from the tourist traps of Waikiki to the slower paced (and less expensive) side of Oahu..the North Shore. We stayed for one weekend at the Hale Makua unit at Hale Ko'olau and during that time we were more economical by shopping at the local grocery store and either cooking in the kitchen or grilling at the property's BBQs on the beach. The first day we rented two single-person kayaks, one stand up paddle board and three sets of masks and snorkels from the on-site office. We didn't have to paddle out very far before they spotted two turtles, they were never able to catch up to them but they had a fun time trying...afterwards we relaxed in one of the hot tubs (there are several) next to our rental. Although the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC) is a five minute drive away they opted to relax and jump off the big rock at beautiful Waimea Bay (20 minute drive). We also spent time the following day at Kualoa Beach Park (20 minute drive in the opposite direction) where we laid out in hammocks (fronting the beautiful "Chinaman's Hat") where we later grilled up some lunch (I provided the hammocks and small grill).

Our rental was very very close to the beach with great ocean views. It was very spacious and I slept in a comfortable king size bed. The on-site office had plenty of quality equipment for rent...a lot of name brand stuff in good/great condition. There were also BBQ grills, hot tubs, free Wi-Fi, lounge chairs and picnic tables.

Waikiki is beautiful but it also has it's downsides...food and lodging is expensive, vehicle traffic, crowded beaches and restaurants along with vendors selling stuff, activities and timeshares. The North Shore isn't as polished (you may see ants in your shower) but it's much more affordable and provides more opportunities to explore the Hawaiian outdoors. As with any vacation it is what you make it and at Hale Ko'olau you'll be able to enjoy the company of your friends and family in a more intimate and natural Hawaii setting.

I hope this was helpful!

Room Tip: All the rentals are close to the beach but when I visit I like the units on the second floor with a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in Hale Mauka which is a second floor unit and let me say, the view alone made the stay worth it. Overall, the having had so much fun the 2 days we were there, it's hard to complain. But lets be real, this is trip advisor... Most of the down sides were purely superficial. There are a lot of rust stains on the railings and some of the rot wood was unappealing to the eye. Though being 15 feet from the salty sea, I imagine it would be extremely costly to maintain from year to year.
The other main downside was the decor. Some rooms were beautifully decorated and others were...interesting.
It was nice being away from the hubbub of town but still being able to easily drive there.
The first day we were so memorized with the view that we just hung out and relaxed. The second day we wanted to get in the water. A lovely local lady that worked there offered us stand up paddle boards and kayaks to rent so we spent the entire afternoon just paddling around in the surf. We saw some turtles and were even blessed enough to see a monk seal!
Overall, the superficial aside, hale Koolau is the place to be if you are looking for an authentic Hawaii experience and don't mind living the no worries lifestyle of aloha.
Truly a great spot to spend your time on Oahu!

• Stayed July 2013
hale_koolau_llc, Owner at Hale Ko'olau, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Aloha & mahalo nui loa for your kind words and generous reviews. We know that Hale Ko'olau isn't perfect, but we do our best to provide the highest possible quality direct beachfront rentals for an affordable & family-friendly price. Now that the recession is over and we're returning to more normal business cycles, we have been investing heavily in updates. In June we purchased & installed more than $30,000.00 in new seating throughout our rentals. We also removed skylights & re-roofed 2 homes. During the coming year we plan many more updates to interior decor, kitchenware, etc.

Again, mahalo for your kind review and for choosing Hale Ko'olau.
Dale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the "Tree House" from May 23rd to June 6th 2013. It was our 4th trip to Oahu and the 1st time to stay at Hale Ko'olau. Dave and his staff made us feel so welcome! Our beach house was spacious, clean, comfortable, and well-stocked. Since it was a 2-bedroom, there was plenty of room for our son and his family when they stayed with us. The lanai was HUGE and looks over the beautiful courtyard. We spent a great deal of time out there (when it wasn't raining). I really enjoyed rocking my grandbabies in the rocking chair, too! Given the close proximity to the other properties, we were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. We could not even hear the traffic noise from Kamehameha Hwy behind us. It is so gorgeous on that side of the Island, it was almost too much! We also appreciated the close proximity to grocery stores and restaurants. Our beach house was starting place for us to roam the island. Although it is on the opposite side of the island from where our son is stationed at Pearl Harbor, it didn't seem like it took very long for us to travel back and forth. I highly recommend Hale Ko'olau and we will definitely stay there on our next trip to Hawaii to spoil the grandbabies!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hale_koolau_llc, Owner at Hale Ko'olau, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Aloha and mahalo nui loa for your kind words and generous review of Hale Ko'olau. Hearing about how you rocked your grandbaby in the rocking chair and spent quality time with your family brought great joy to my heart. For my family, our greatest achievement is providing affordable beachfront lodging for memorable family vacations.

Been to Hale Ko'olau? Share your experiences!