“Great for All Levels” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Everett, Washington, United States
“Great for All Levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

When I called Suzy's cell phone she called me back within 20 minutes and let me know she was on vacation but would still be able to schedule a lesson with someone else. I was already on North Shore and did not want to drive up again the next day so I asked her what she could swing that day. She said she would pull a few strings and next thing I know she has us set up an hour later. She sent a local named Steve to teach my wife, our friend and myself. I have been surfing before but taught myself so I thought why not take a lesson since no one else with me had gone. Steve was great! we had a blast, my wife was up on the board within 3 waves and riding them out. Steve explained how to read waves, where to go, and evben tips on how to stay in the sets. The wind was a little rough the day we were there so it was great exercise but also exhausting. I cannot say enough good things about Steve or my overall experience. I would recommend Suzy's to anyone!

Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas, United States
“Caught a Wave every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rosie, Suzy's assistant, was the bomb! Knowledgable and super attentive. A friend, who was not at all amused that I insisted she surf with me, and my 7 year old daughter all went out. Rosie got us up on several waves and had us surfing in no time!!!! She took great care of my daughter and made the whole experience a memorable one....

Visited July 2013
3 attraction reviews
“First time on a board”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My daughter wanted to learn to surf and I've been waiting my whole life to learn and Hawaii seemed to be a great chance. We found Suzy on the internet. Suzy and her team made it as easy as it could be. I got up on my first time and surfed until my arms couldn't paddle me out anymore. They were encouraging and positive. The large number of sea turtles just added to the experience. I was awesome.

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Great Surfing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My sister and I did a surf lesson with Sunset Suzy and we had a blast. There were about three other instructors out in the water with us that did a wonderful job of making us feel comfortable and helped us catch tons of waves. They were very good at helping us adjust what we were doing after each wave so that we could do better next time and as we became more confident they were all very good at answering our questions about what to look for in the oncoming waves to pick the best one and how to best steer the board once we were riding the wave.

All in all it was a great experience and we even got some wonderful pictures out of it to prove our surfing success to our friends back home.

Visited July 2013
Rogers, Arkansas
10 attraction reviews
“Want to learn to surf? THIS is the way to do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife found Suzy from a random Internet search to get surf lessons for our family while on vacation in Hawaii this week. We couldn't have been happier. Suzy's crew - Rosie, "T" and Matt took amazing care of us and got us up on the boards riding waves on our first try! We were with my two daughters, 16 and 14 and our twin boys, 6, so Rosie and T stayed with the boys the entire time and ensured that they had an incredible experience while Matt guided the rest of us to surfing nirvana. The bay appeared to be the perfect conditions for first-timers like us - waves were predictable, not too big, but big enough to provide an exhilarating rush every time we caught one. As an added bonus, we were surrounded by sea turtles the entire time. Highly recommend!

Visited June 2013