“Try the amazing dinners!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 61 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Try the amazing dinners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I tried Cafe Haleiwa's dinner for the first time on Valentine's day and were amazed at the sophistication of their menu. . We both had the soup which was reminiscent of a hot Vichyssoise with truffles, something you would find in a fine dining venue. My monchong fish with light miso sauce was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth,very tasty. My valentine tried the braised short ribs which was less stellar and more like mother's pot roast in flavor. We shared the desert of strawberries and some sort of delicate pastry to dip in dark chocolate fondue, yummy! Service was friendly and attentive, Our wine came from the wine shop next door,all wines priced under $20. No corkage fee,probably the gift/wine store is family-owned. Beer available also.
Only open for dinner Wed. - Sun. Be sure to call for reservations and ask for a table outdoors for maximum rustic ambience. This is our new favorite North Shore restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Reno
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had breakfast here in May,food is good, the location is a little out of the main town and when we were there it was all locals,so we figured the food was good,The building could use a little updating but the service was good.

Visited May 2012
Austin, Texas
“Could eat here every day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Simple but great food. The eggs Benedict were amazing and everything our table had was perfect. Great staff who offered helpful hints on local spots not to miss

Las Vegas
“Great surfer/local place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved it here. The sautéed veggies, hash browns, and eggs were really good. The yogurt with fruit and granola that my boyfriend had looked yummy, in which he concurred. I recommend this place... it's rainy outside on a weekday, so no wait at all. But I imagine that if on a normal day with lots of surfers out, it would be different.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Panton, Vermont
“My kind of place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast one morning toward the end of our trip. Prices were great! We were served large portions, I enjoy my breakfast coffee and was so happy that the refills kept coming. The place was busy but we were waited on quickly and the food came just as quickly. The waitstaff was attentive. This is not a spot for a snooty tourist: the restrooms are outside. Mostof the customers appeared to be locals. This is my kind of restaurant--reasonably priced, comfortable, and friendly.

• Visited January 2013