“Mexican in Hawaii? Yes!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amara Rd.
Transit: For Northbound travelers you will need to get off the bus at Kamehameha HWY + Opp Emerson RD (Stop ID # 2241). If you are traveling Southbound you will need to get off at Kamehameha HWY + Haleiwa RD. (Stop ID # 2240). For additional information on holidays or possible detours please refer to www.thebus.org
Gibsonia, PA
“Mexican in Hawaii? Yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After my son and I had Mackey's Shrimp Truck, the rest of the family went here (and my son and I ate again!!!) Food was definitely above average and service was EXCELLENT. My wife and I had two kinds of fish tacos which were great, my son had pork fajitas, which he loved, and why daughter had some sort of veggis quesadilla. All were great. Beer was cold. Atmosphere was relaxed. Sorta expensive ($100 w/tip for 5 of us), but I thought worth it. Would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Hawaii
“Enjoyable meal, a bit expensive...but choose carefully”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant several times...both lunch and then for dinner this past Sunday evening. Most of the meals we have had were good. For this past dinner, my husband and I ordered the seafood paella. It did not live up to its description. The rice was barely warm and was sticky (like it had been sitting around awhile). The scallops on the dish were wonderful and perfect, but the other seafood items were just okay. However, we have had other good meals so would definitely eat here again. Prices are a bit upscale but the service was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My review is in line with the others, the food was incredible, service was over the top attentive and polite, I was greeted at the front door by the owner, who took the time to introduce himself and the restaurant as well as make recommendations...before we went I reviewed other comments and apparently some had less than stellar service, but all I can say is I've never had better service! Especially not at this price point. We are from Texas and I can honestly say I haven't had better Mexican food, you won't regret your time here. TIP BEFORE YOU GO...they are very busy, but if you don't have a reservation then just get your name on the list, it was an hour wait, we left them our cell #, and they sent a text to tell us to come back. We spent the hour looking at sea turtles on the beach...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, good service, reasonable prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This restaurant was perfect for us because it's still in Haleiwa, right by all of the touristy things, but it's just outside of the really crowded area. It was a little pricey, but not out of the ordinary for the type of food it is. I paid $13 for a reasonably sized carne asada burrito plate with rice and beans, which was not bad, but another member of my party paid $8 for a tiny shrimp taco. I guess it just depends on what you order. I was with 3 other people and we each ordered something different, but everyone was impressed by how delicious their meal was. Service was friendly and quick. The only thing I didn't like about this place was that it was a bit too small and felt a little cramped. I would definitely recommend Luibueno's!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bisbee, Arizona
“Happening Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food was excellent -- fish tacos fresh and tasty. Happy hour menu is great (4 - 6, M-F; 9-10p every night). Service was friendly and attentive. Will be back!

• Visited May 2013