“Very nice lunch, Great stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 61 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Pearl River, New York
“Very nice lunch, Great stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped here while we were exploring the island. We sat outside with a view of the marina, and the waitress come over after a short time (they were busy) and took our drink order and appetizers. She returned shortly with our drinks and took our order. We had calamari as a appy and it was nice and lightly fried. My wife had the Ahi tuna sandwich she said was very good. My son had the fish Tacos he said were excellent. My daughter had the chicken over greens which she said was very tasty. I had their pulled pork sliders and chips. I guess I am use to the sliders here with BBQ sauce. I found it bland and the taro bread was ok. But,the others raved about their food. We all got dessert, the Mud pie. I do not really care for this dessert but I found it quite tasty. The waitress was very good and attentive. At the end we asked her what in the area was great to see. She told us about "Turtle Beach" about 1 mile north. What a great recommendation !!! The only reason this did not get a excellant was because of my meal. This debate still continues hereon my rating.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tacoma, Washington
“BEST in Haleiwa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The BEST of everything except service from the maitre de. NO dinner menus before 4:30pm (kinda late??) so we went into the lounge for Happy Hour delights and we were not disappointed!! GREAT starters from the bar menu and the drinks are generous. Possibly the BEST Mai Tai's anywhere. You must order the Ahi Spring Roll and the Coconut Shrimp...simply outstanding. Servers (tipped generously) were exemplary despite the packed crowd and tight quarters. We moved from bar to dining (again, an obnoxious encounter with an under aged girl at reception) went smoothly less the table previously requested. The quality of our dinners made up for any other short comings here. The catch-of-the-day is still reeling off the hook (soooo fresh) and the whole shrimp is incredible. ALOHA, you'll love this spot!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Good food, great sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My son and I met up with a local friend for dinner. She recommended the restaurant and I am thankful that she did. We had the spicy shrimp appetizer, which was very good. We then had the Salmon which was also tasty. I was glad to see the portion size as some times they can be so tiny.

The service was very good, the atmosphere was nice. We sat on the patio and were able to watch the sunset which was very nice.

I would definitely return if I return to the island.

Visited July 2013
NC
“Nice lunch - twice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We liked our meal at Joe's so much we went back! Had the Black and Blue Ahi, Island Ceviche, Ahi Spring Rolls, Grilled Fish Sandwich and Emma's Poke during our two lunch dates. Everything was really tasty and very fresh. The aoli and wasabi sauces were so good - spicy, but not blow your socks off spicy. The setting is rather nice, if you eat on the deck overlooking the marina. Not sure why others have complained about service. Our wait staff was friendly and attentive. Sometimes you get what you give, especially if you are in a very large group and expect too much attention. The prices were no worse than the other real restaurants in the area. Everything was way better than fighting the flies and sand at the shrimp trucks down the road. Worth the drive to the north shore.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Coconut Shrimp!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went on a Friday night and it was really busy, so we ate in the bar. The service in the bar was quick and friendly. The coconut shrimp was great. It was light and flakey-Not to coconutty!

As a tip, they over-dress the salads. I suggest getting the dressing on the side. The salad was tasty but too much dressing for my taste.

Visited July 2013